2024.5: Just a little bit smaller

I just updated from the last 2024.5 beta with no issues.

1 Like

Great update. Loving the data table additions.

I wonder why filters were not added to this ā€œstored settingsā€?

I have made some progress by individually reloading each of my Shelly integrations (all 38 of them). After the reload they came right, and stayed online. I have since done a full reboot of the HA machine and everything has come backā€¦and stayed back the way I expect it all to be. :slight_smile:

Strict Connections?

Yes that was pulled from the release.

1 Like

Great, now look in your /config folder and find the file home-assistant.log.1 to see what went wrong.

There is an open issue with a linked PR for matter

3 Likes

Let us know how that works out and with which roborock. I am 96% sure I will be getting roborocks, just not sure which version.

First HA upgrade failure in quite some timeā€¦ tried going from 2024.4.4 to 2024.5.0 today
Python3 out of memory errors on the HA OS screen (screenshot below), tried rebooting, tried increasing available RAM, no luck.
Restore didnā€™t work either, kept complaining about it being a partial restore (the one which was done automatically when launching the upgrade!)
Ended up working by manually choosing the HA version and rebooting.

ha core update --version 2024.4.4 

My advice - take a manual, FULL backup, download it and keep it in case this upgrade goes badly for you

AND, Observer said everything was fine the whole time! (it was not!)

1 Like

A lot of people learning the harsh reality that you should always wait for the X.1 update before upgrading in any major release lol

10 Likes

I personally always wait for .2! Have been bitten before when a release had something I really wanted badly.

2 Likes

Alternatively: a lot of people learning that the beta test group is very small and only covers a subset of available integrations and hardware.

You want the .0 release to work for you?

Then join in the beta testing.

im-doing-my-part-v0-xlflq998p5db1

39 Likes

Just woke up. Time to upgrade from the bet.

1 Like

Same here, but i did somehow manage to get back to a working 2024.4.4.

Hello, since version 2024.3.2 I canā€™t update because Huawei Solar integration doesnā€™t work anymore after the update. I try every new version but have to go back to version 2024.3.1. What can I do to make everything work with the new versions?

Assuming it is this one below (link refers to closed issues)
Do check the issues and raise something new if it does not cover your case.

Issues Ā· wlcrs/huawei_solar (github.com)

Thank you. I managed to fix it, according to the instructions.

Edit important
Just did a full system reboot instead of restart of hass
And

That does the trick!

After initial update (early comment)
As many updated
but canā€™ reach the internal menus of integrations (hacs and official)
Neither can I open backups f.e.

Functionwise it is working
Hacs keeps working but wonā€™t open(white screen)
z2m works but canā€™t open (white screen)
glances doesnā€™t open
backups keep loading
Energy +configuration works completely

! WARNING !

2024.5 broke zigbee for some people (myself included). If zigbee is mission critical for you, you may wish to hold your horses before upgrading.

! WARNING !

2 Likes

It was my case, zha failed after upgrade, I have gone back to the previous version