2024.6: Dipping our toes in the world of AI using LLMs 🤖

That would be a bug.

yes, I believe so.

@fantomnotabene do you write it up in Issues · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub

to enable isal

do i or, don’t I need to add isal: to the configuration.
the documentation is a ambiguous on this point.

and I see it’s already used by 1 active installation, so maybe we should add this ourselves.

nevermind, Ive written this Visibility option only functional on top level card, not on nested card · Issue #21009 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub

1 Like

its supposed to be auto loaded if your system can handle it.

I did ask this before, or more precisely, how we can see if this is loaded.

More importantly, Id like to know what difference it makes, and if we can spot that :wink:

1 Like

Unfortunately, still timeout when installing Python package after updating then restart Home Assistant core.
As suggested by @bdraco in this post, I set the logger as following:

logger:
  default: info
  logs:
    homeassistant.components.co2signal: critical
    homeassistant.bootstrap: debug
    homeassistant.setup: debug
    homeassistant.loader: debug
    homeassistant.config_entries: debug
  filters:
    homeassistant.loader:
      - "We found a custom integration"
    pychromecast.socket_client:
      - "Failed to connect to service ServiceInfo"
      - "Error communicating with socket, resetting connection"
      - "Heartbeat timeout, resetting connection"
      - "Error reading from socket"
    homeassistant.components.meteo_france:
      - "1 hour rain forecast not available"
    homeassistant.helpers.entity:
      - "Update of sensor.storj_exchange_rate is taking over 10 seconds"
      - "Update for sensor.eur_exchange_rate fails"
      - "Update for sensor.storj_exchange_rate fails"
      - "Updating coinbase sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval"
      - "Update of sensor.myip is taking over 10 seconds"
    homeassistant.components.switch:
      - "Platform broadlink not ready yet: None; Retrying in background in 30 seconds"
    snitun.client.client_peer:
      - "0 bytes read on a total of 32 expected bytes"
    hass_nabucasa.remote:
      - "Connection problem to snitun server"
    homeassistant.components.co2signal:
      - "getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND"
    switchbot.devices.device:
      - "Device unexpectedly disconnected"

I kept other settings I have for logger before to be the most precise as possible about my configuration.

The log is big (383.7 KB) so what should I look for or where should I send it with which sensitive data to remove?

After a first search by myself I found the following:

2024-06-06 14:15:15.072 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Error setting up integration switchbot - received exception
asyncio.exceptions.CancelledError
2024-06-06 14:15:15.072 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Error setting up integration shelly - received exception
2024-06-06 14:15:15.073 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Error setting up integration default_config - received exception
2024-06-06 14:15:15.075 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Error setting up integration esphome - received exception
2024-06-06 14:15:15.076 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Error setting up integration bluetooth_adapters - received exception

The common point I see between these integration is Bluetooth or bluetooth adapters.

I know the rest will be installed if I restart Home Assistant core but it wont prevent this to reproduce on next update.

EDIT: I kept a copy of my big log and confirmed what I wrote just above: after a second restart the rest is installed successfully.
Maybe I should have kept the same log levels, which I have not for the second restart as I was sure of the result…
If the log I kept can be useful can help to prevent this situation to reproduce for every update I have saved it.
If it is really necessary maybe I could downgrade and upgrade again and make two restarts with same log levels.

I don’t think there is going to be much call for local LLMs just yet, given the extreme hardware requirements to run such models. Home Assistant is generally run on a small, power efficient machine or even embedded hardware like the Raspberry Pi. I can’t see many people wanting to dedicated $3,000 machines just to run a single LLM at home.

2 Likes

That’s fair. I’ll admit, I really don’t know a lot about local LLMs.

Mostly, I want intent recognition for Assist to expand to include better fuzzy matching. I have zero interest in cutesy character responses or—heaven forbid—generating custom images on the fly. I expect that fuzzy intent matching requires some degree of machine learning, and if so, I’d prefer that computation be done entirely within the walls of my house. If there’s a way for that to be met without using a massive, resource-hungry LLM, I’m all for it.

2 Likes

I do very much like the new dashboard feature with the conditional visibility as I do use conditions quite allot in some areas.
Now I experience one problem: If no card in a section is visible anymore then the section is still visible, but empty.
It would be nice to have the option to suppress a section if non of its cards is visible.

2 Likes

I see that it takes me to a site to login, but it never discovers my devices (door openers). I wonder if it’s in process? Or maybe because I don’t have a Nabu Casa account?

I agree with you, but I would like to tanke it even furter.

• Manage my lights from my usage pattern.

Aka monitor how I use something och predict what I will do and do it before me.

How does the new AI integration differ from using something like extended open assistant service?

From what I can tell, the difference is the ability to use scripts in the integration?

I think the problem is that these LLMs are BEEFY boys. I suspect if we wanted a more private LLM we’d actually need some kind of torrent-style decentralized computing. I don’t know that an LLM that would be satisfying to use could be locally run at this moment. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

Anyone else notice issues with ha-card-box-shadow theme variable in dashboard? The weird thing is that the shadows still work outside the dashboard, like settings panel etc. Also using inspect element, I can hard-code the variable, or change it to something else and it works. But using ha-card-box-shadow variable doesn’t work, also in theme it doesn’t change anything. I tried changing the theme variable to box-shadow and card-box-shadow but also don’t work.

I’m not sure if this is a bug with this new release, I upgraded from 2024.3, so skipped .4 and .5 releases. I did clear caches and restart HA a few times.

Is this a bug, or have the shadow variables changed to something entirely else? Still doesn’t explain how the same variable still does change shadows outside dashboard.

Those use cases make sense. They are also an argument for local “AI”. You don’t need all of the overhead of a Gemini or OpenAI.

2 Likes

There seems to be a race condition

afbeelding

MQTT is running, but it seems mqtt_statestream wants to run before mqtt.

(I did not have this in 2024.6.0b4)

2024-06-06 16:44:38.986 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration localtuya which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-06-06 16:44:39.009 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration esp_wd which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-06-06 16:44:39.041 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration spook which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-06-06 16:44:39.074 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration afvalbeheer which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-06-06 16:44:39.111 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-06-06 16:44:39.160 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration tuya_ble which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-06-06 16:44:39.193 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration spook_inverse which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-06-06 16:46:29.462 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt_statestream] MQTT integration is not available
2024-06-06 16:46:29.463 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for 'mqtt_statestream': Integration failed to initialize.

Since i have updated HA, Assist does not understan any command… :sweat_smile:

Since it looks like this release is for openai and googleai, does anyone know if this thing will work when using LiteLLM?

Roborock Integration: The card/map/image is not available anymore

Is there a time code/stamp for Nvidia discussion?