2024.7: Time to resize your cards!

The latest on my system is 0.6.2

i have a problem: no garps and history. errors in the logs:

2024-07-07 22:41:37.841 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error running job: <Job listen * HassJobType.Callback <function Recorder.async_initialize.<locals>._event_listener at 0x7f93094c20>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1559, in async_fire_internal
    self._hass.async_run_hass_job(job, event)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 938, in async_run_hass_job
    hassjob.target(*args)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/core.py", line 330, in _event_listener
    if entity_filter(entity_id):
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/icloud3/support/recorder_prefilter.py", line 123, in entity_filter
    return recorder_entity_filter(entity_id)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
2024-07-07 22:41:39.349 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error running job: <Job listen * HassJobType.Callback <function Recorder.async_initialize.<locals>._event_listener at 0x7f93094c20>>
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1559, in async_fire_internal
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 938, in async_run_hass_job
    hassjob.target(*args)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/core.py", line 330, in _event_listener
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/icloud3/support/recorder_prefilter.py", line 123, in entity_filter
2024-07-07 22:41:40.223 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error running job: <Job listen * HassJobType.Callback <function Recorder.async_initialize.<locals>._event_listener at 0x7f93094c20>>
    hassjob.target(*args)
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2024-07-07 22:41:50.068 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error running job: <Job listen * HassJobType.Callback <function Recorder.async_initialize.<locals>._event_listener at 0x7f93094c20>>
    hassjob.target(*args)
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

grraphs looks like:

it started exactly from update to 2024.07

Search this thread (hint: icloud3).

So, if there is no update showing as available, do I uninstall and re-install or is there another option?

I also have issues with my Energy Dashboard,
yesterday I updated from 2024.6.4 to 2024.7.1
and my energy monitoring stopped working around the time the backup is planned.
after a restart, all seems to be working again.

I do not have issues with historical data and also I do not use icloud3 in HA.

I wonder if it would be worth reverting to 2024.6.x or wait for a fix.

Read the thread above, you basically have 2 options (I did #2):

1. Revert to 2024.6
  2. Change configuration.yaml (add/change to false for auto_purge)
recorder:
  auto_purge: false

Make sure you check that you have no automations also running purge (I did!)

In 2024.8 it will be fixed so then you revert the configuration.yaml change.

To immediately fix the problem now reload config or restart Home Assistant.

1 Like

After some testing it seems to be the Google Backup causing my issues with the recorder getting stuck. I have installed the samba backup which runs at midnight and when the google backup kicked off at 5am the DB gets stuck.

After disabling google backup last night I had no issues, I will do some testing with purging the recorder data and see if I can get that to break it.

No icloud3 on my system.

EDIT: - Hmm… After rechecking the times it may have been the recorder purge causing the problem it is actually a little before the Google Backup runs. Purge is now disabled.

What architecture are you on? Mine is x86-64.

Thanks for your reply @nickrout
I had a few things a bit messed up but have it sorted out now. 0.6.2 is now installed and good.

1 Like

Is there solution, still got unknown Error unser Energy configuration page. It seems to be only energy configuration and dashboard. Entites by themself are still working

Updated to 2024.7 on the weekend. Had one issue with the Gecko integration - turned out I was using an older version that was pre-HAOS. Removed / updated with the latest version and everything is rocking.

Love the new update - especially the incremental UI improvements with card resizing. Thank you all for your hard work!

1 Like

I’ve the same problem with the HA default DB.

thnx,
I choose to revert the update.
It’s good news a fix is already created for v2024.8. I still kind of hope this one will be pushed forward in one of the v2024.7.x releases.

after this update none of the custom media player cards (mushroom, bubble, mini media player) are showing artwork anymore. stock card still working as expected, any ideas?

thanks

I also have same issue as Home Assistant stops recording at 4:00am.

Because of this I investigated and found my other issue,
that my database is so big (>12GB),
but as i stopped now purge, hopefully will survive until update…then I will reduce ‘keep days’.

You can already exclude domain and restart to avoid growing in size even more without the purge.

you can see with this card how much entities you have per domain:

type: markdown
content: |-
  >
            Domain | Count 
            {% for d in states | groupby('domain') %} {{ d[0].replace('_', ' ') | title }} | {{ states[d[0]] | count  }}
            {% endfor %}
2 Likes

Were command_line: commands disabled in configuration.yaml in Core 2024.7 ?

These sensors stopped working in Core 2024.7

command_line:
  - sensor:
      unique_id: xcel_meter_power
      name: "Smart Electric Meter Power"
      #command: "OPENSSL_CONF=/config/xcelcerts/myown/openssl.cnf /usr/bin/curl --ciphers ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-CCM8 --insecure --url https://10.0.0.226:8081/upt/1/mr/1/r --cert /config/xcelcerts/myown/cert.pem --key /config/xcelcerts/myown/key.pem 2>&1 | grep -o '<value>.*</value>' | grep -Eo '[0-9]+'"
      command: "OPENSSL_CONF=/config/xcelcerts/myown/openssl.cnf /usr/bin/curl --ciphers ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-CCM8 --insecure --url https://10.0.0.226:8081/upt/1/mr/1/r --cert /config/xcelcerts/myown/cert.pem --key /config/xcelcerts/myown/key.pem 2>&1 | grep -o '<value>.*</value>' | grep -Eo '([+-]?[0-9]+)'"
      unit_of_measurement: "W"
      device_class: "power"
      scan_interval: 5
      command_timeout: 5

- sensor:
      unique_id: xcel_meter_consumption
      name: "Smart Electric Meter Consumption"
      command: "OPENSSL_CONF=/config/xcelcerts/myown/openssl.cnf /usr/bin/curl --ciphers ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-CCM8 --insecure --url https://10.0.0.226:8081/upt/1/mr/3/r --cert /config/xcelcerts/myown/cert.pem --key /config/xcelcerts/myown/key.pem 2>&1 | grep -o '<value>.*</value>' | grep -Eo '[0-9]+'"
      unit_of_measurement: "kWh"
      value_template: "{{ value | multiply(0.001) | round(3)}}"
      device_class: "energy"
      state_class: "total_increasing"
      #scan_interval: 86400

- sensor:
      unique_id: xcel_meter_productiion
      name: "Smart Electric Meter Production"
      command: "OPENSSL_CONF=/config/xcelcerts/myown/openssl.cnf /usr/bin/curl --ciphers ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-CCM8 --insecure --url https://10.0.0.226:8081/upt/1/mr/2/r --cert /config/xcelcerts/myown/cert.pem --key /config/xcelcerts/myown/key.pem 2>&1 | grep -o '<value>.*</value>' | grep -Eo '[0-9]+'"
      unit_of_measurement: "kWh"
      value_template: "{{ value | multiply(0.001) | round(3)}}"
      device_class: "energy"
      state_class: "total_increasing"
      #scan_interval: 86400

No. Mine are still working.

These commands work on a different non-homeassistant, but not on homeassistant Core 2024.7. They do work on Core 2024.6

Thank You!
I like to collect, there are plenty…

Domain | Count 
   Alarm Control Panel | 2
   Automation | 27
   Binary Sensor | 65
   Button | 47
   Calendar | 7
   Climate | 18
   Conversation | 2
   Cover | 3
   Device Tracker | 52