2024.7: Time to resize your cards!

Read the full release announcement here
17 Likes

First post :slight_smile: played already during beta, nice new features! I like the progress with the resizing feature! However I’m still not completely tile card convinced. It’s not possible to see if a tile card has an action or is read only. Maybe an improvement for next release :wink:

6 Likes

Since the upgrade I am seeing a large number (1000+) of these events in the homeassistant.log, they look to be icloud3 integration related. I will post a bug report over on their github, I wanted to post here as well in case something obvious can be corrected. Thanks again for another amazing release!

homeassistant.log:

2024-07-03 13:42:08.144 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error running job: <Job listen * HassJobType.Callback <function Recorder.async_initialize.<locals>._event_listener at 0x7fc27ff76480>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1559, in async_fire_internal
    self._hass.async_run_hass_job(job, event)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 938, in async_run_hass_job
    hassjob.target(*args)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/core.py", line 330, in _event_listener
    if entity_filter(entity_id):
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/icloud3/support/recorder_prefilter.py", line 123, in entity_filter
    return recorder_entity_filter(entity_id)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

EDIT: After reading the resize page, I need to create a section experminetal layout

very nice update. I don’t see the layout tab. None of the cards have this… Restart HA to be sure… nothing (created one new view and one thermostat)

1 Like

Please note that this feature is only available on the new (experimental) sections view.

4 Likes

Very nice! Looking forward to resize the cards!

And not just that, I bring you these release notes from our refreshed website :star_struck: that Madelena and yours truly have been spontaneously working on over the past few days. We hope you like it! :heart:

But I’m pretty sure this has been done by Jlo based on the French words in the dashboard :stuck_out_tongue:

Did anyone manage to play a reolink camera video stream with the new FULLY KIOSK video feature? Seems that FULLY KIOSK only supports a limited number of video formats :frowning:

Your browser gives your language away… Hence it translates state for you.

Wow! again an amazing release!

I cant wait to resize…
And that home zone radius… long awaited :slight_smile:

1 Like

The custom component probably shouldn’t be accessing the recorder filter, but we do now avoid creating a filter if there is None so they will need to check if it is None before using the filter

ha nice! Didn’t realize it was an interactive dashboard on the home page.

2 Likes

Yep, and the Dismiss button doesn’t work on the notification. Not sure where to file the bug :wink:

1 Like

Huge thank you for the inclusion of Generic Thermostat helpers. With this summer’s heat, I’ve been trying to mimic one using template triggers in automations and only mostly getting it working right. Things started working within minutes with the new helpers!

1 Like

Anyone have the updated scrape values to get the latest HA version? Appears the website update(s) have broken my current scrape sensor:

Why aren’t you using the version integration instead of scraping the value from the website?
See Version - Home Assistant

9 Likes

Reading the headline, I was hoping my feature request would’ve been implemented, but it looks like it’s still not possible to Maximize a Card to Full-Screen. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Great update as always! But I don’t understand the new resizing. If I have a dashboard with a maximum of 3 columns, why when I want to resize a card I have a grid with 4 columns?

If I want three cards like 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3 how it suppose to work?

2 Likes

I was excited for timers but my android tablet (lenovo thinsmartview) says “this device can’t do timers” and same for the web interface… If I ask to turn on a light after 20 seconds it turns on immediately … so timers are just for two ESP32 devices?
a bit disappinted…

2 Likes

Mashing that update button to be able to tie my template sensors to a device.

Some of my HomematicIP Cloud sensors (group, shutter contact battery and weather plus) were duplicated. I do not want to loose long term stats, reverting back to the previous version.
Any ideas?