2024.8.3 Update, HASS now extremely slow

After restoring 2024.8.2 i still have the same issues. Seems like the update to 8.3 destroyed my whole installation. I will try to reinstall completely.

Complete lockup after installing 2024.8.3 Core update on Rpi 3B+. After rebooting I managed to restore to 8.4.2. Everything seems to be back to normal now. Thing is, I had delayed installing this update, as I was wary about running out of RAM on the 1GB RPi 3B+. Guess it’s time to get a new RPi with more memory.

if this is an exact copy of your configuration.yaml the first line “homeassistant*” shouldn’t be there. Not too surprising it complains about the next line with “default_config:” …

Having the similar issue with 2024.8.3 on the Home Assistant Blue - super slow to open things like the Devices & Services list.

There won’t be a 2024.8.5 (or greater). Next release is 2024.9.1 next Wednesday, so there won’t be any more hotfixes until then due to beta testing.

Please follow the steps for Sluggish performance or increased CPU usage

1 Like

Over the past week I’ve been seeing issues submitted in regard to the Nabu Casa connection and HA being slow to load. Restarting in safe mode results in expected performance and speed.

After another restart, with HA loading custom integrations again, the problem returns.

So you might try safe mode, using the advanced options in the HA restart menu, and then see if the performance changes. If so, then it is likely some custom integration.

So in my case I think I’ve narrowed it down to a bad UDM-Pro update, but it especially affected my Home Assistant because of the Unifi Networking integration and AdGuard add-on acting as my network wide DNS. I’ve disabled both and had a much snappier experience, but only when I’m outside my network. Once I connect to my wifi everything goes to hell because the UDM is going nuts. On my way to troubleshoot that next for now.

In case it helps others, I did the update to 2024.9.0 yesterday and it’s been solid. I guess whatever problem cropped up in 8.3 has been resolved.

Great to hear that it’s been solved on your end! Unfortunately I do have the same issue with current 2024.9.1 still :frowning:

I will try now to “debug” in safe more, properly some custom integration is causing this issue as I do get a lot of errors when running > 2024.08.2.