2nd Thermostat Setpoint not being found for PE653 pool controller. How to edit config file to find it?

I have an Intermatic PE653 z-wave pool controller on software version 3.9, which is custom release Intermatic did for some customers. The system worked OK when it was included into my UDI ISY994i, but I have decided to move all z-wave devices over to Home Assistant. I am running Hassio (native on RPi4) using z-wave JS and z-wave JS UI. My Home Assistant finds only 1 of the 2 thermostat setpoints. It finds the one that is “Type 1” for Heating (used for the pool setpoint). But it does not find the one that is “Type 7” for Furnace (used for the SPA setpoint). These 2 ‘types’ are documented in Intermatic materials. I have tried to customize the config file to specifically look for both setpoints, editing a portion of the PE653.JSON file as follows:

"compat": [
		{
			// Fixes #4588: Firmware v3.4 has numerous bugs related to multi-endpoint support.
			// Firmware v3.3 and v3.1 do not appear to have the same issues.
            //My Firmware is 3.9, so I edited the below line to match my firmware
			"$if": "firmwareVersion === 3.9",
			"commandClasses": {
				"add": {
				   // Force use of MultiChannelCC v1.
				   "0x40": {
						"isSupported": true,
						"version": 1
					},
				   // I added this to see if it would help. still only finds the 1 setpoint. 
				   "0x43": {
						"isSupported": true,
						"version": 3
					}
				}
		}
	]

Any thoughts on how I can get the 2nd thermostat setpoint to show up? I have tried using the default config file, as well as the one that was modified for software version 3.4, but neither get me both setpoints. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t think you can forcibly add individual values (e.g. a setpoint) of a Command Class. What you attempted to do is force add the entire Thermostat Setpoint CC, but by your own admission it is already detecting the CC, just not the one setpoint.

I’d post your question, either as a discussion or issue, at node-zwave-js. You should provide a driver debug log of a re-interview process.

I hope you mean you are using the Z-Wave integration and the Z-Wave JS UI add-on, and you don’t actually have both add-ons installed.

@freshcoast , thanks for the reply. And yes, I am suing z-wave integration with z-wave JS UI (was called mqqt?). I appreciate the direction.

Anyone have any updates on the status of the PE653 to make it work better with Home Assistant?