3-way Tasmota switch (Treatlife SS02) switch not working in HA

I am new here and new to HA and MQTT, so please forgive my newbie question. I recently bought a number of Treatlife WiFi switches SS02. I wanted to connect them to my HA IOT integrate them into the rest of my smart home.

I configured it in Tasmota them per the Tasmota website’s template
{“NAME”:“TreatLife 3Way”,“GPIO”:[0,0,0,0,53,29,0,0,30,18,9,0,0],“FLAG”:0,“BASE”:18}

The per Digiblur’s 3-way tutorial I entered the following rules and set up

*backlog switchtopic 0 ; switchmode1 2 ; switchmode2 5 ; setoption32 7 ; setoption34 1 ; rule3 1*

rule1 on event#ON do power2 TOGGLE endon

rule2 on event#OFF do power2 TOGGLE endon

**(this is all one line below!)**

*rule3 on power1#boot do backlog ledpower1 %value% ; ledpower2 %value% endon on power1#state=1 do backlog rule1 0; rule2 1 ; ledpower1 %value% ; ledpower2 %value% endon on power1#state=0 do backlog rule1 1; rule2 0 ; ledpower1 %value% ; ledpower2 %value% endon on switch2#state=3 do publish stat/%topic%/switch long endon*

in my switch.yaml (included in my configuration.yaml file) which passes configuration check before restarting my server.

- platform: mqtt
  unique_id: "MudRoom"
  name: "MudRoom"
  state_topic: "MudRoom/stat/POWER1"
  command_topic: "MudRoom/cmnd/EVENT"
  availability_topic: "MudRoom/tele/LWT"
  payload_on: "ON"
  payload_off: "OFF"
  payload_available: "Online"
  payload_not_available: "Offline"
  qos: 2

The funny thing is that I know the MQTT works. I have been able to go directly to the console for and turn the switch on and off. I can issue commands via publishing MQTT in Node-Red and it works.

The problem is the switch.mudroom does not work on my dashboard in HA. it is greyed out, and the status is ‘unavailable.’

What am I doing wrong?! I have tried a number of different configurations changing the topic and prefix order, etc.

any help would be very much appreciated.

I’m in the same boat. I also have SS01 3-Way switches and noticed that the template was different (and that’s what digiblur was using in his video). I tried the SS01 template with the SS02 and everything seems to be working as expected. I think the SS02 template is incorrect.

Also, it looks like your yaml is incorrect. You’ve got your topics mixed up. From his blog: https://www.digiblur.com/2019/01/true-3-way-smart-switch-w-tasmota-no.html

- platform: mqtt
  name: "Hallway 3-Way"
  state_topic: "stat/MyHallWay/POWER1"
  command_topic: "cmnd/MyHallWay/EVENT"
  availability_topic: "tele/MyHallWay/LWT"
  payload_on: "ON"
  payload_off: "OFF"
  payload_available: "Online"
  payload_not_available: "Offline"

Using the SS01 template for my SS02 switches worked for me. Thanks for sharing this.

That template is a mess. :sunglasses:

leshric, Thank you for your response. I will try the other SS02 template to see if that fixes the missue. Also, yes, thank you for the correction on the topics. That was one of the things I tried to fix the issue.

i don’t know if you fixed this but in mqtt settings I changed my Topic by accident - and that was wrong. I cleared it out and saved the settings and its working now!