32 channel ethernet relay module – KinCony KC868-H32

The code for the integration of this equipment into a similar HA open smart home control system ( MajorDoMo) is published here. This system is built on web technologies (PHP / JS / HTML5)

Here is a discussion of this module. Only russian language…

The following warning is indicated on the page of this module:

Important!!!
Kincony KC868-H32 cannot be used port 32 — this port the module always keeps in state 1 if the state of the port becomes 0 means the device is not initialized.

Your equipment is integrated into yet another smart home system. Congratulations!

And here the KC868 is specifically discussed.

no this problem, you can tell me the details, i can help you.

The first byte of every command always use send 255, it will not need send “RELAY-TEST-NOW” for Initialization.

Now we have writen new version firmware. it add 3 command and state remember function:
1: Turn ON All relay by one command.
2: Turn OFF All relay by one command.
3: Changing opposite state of relay by one command. Such as 1->0 and 0->1 and 1->0 repeating
4: The function of power-off memory of relay switch is added. If the power is cut off suddenly or power failure, the relay will automatically return to the state before the power cut when the power is called again.

1 Like

Can I update the firmware in my device to a new one?

now we are testing . it will be complete soon.

OK. Now we have a lesson for web server with KC868 Controller. This is link: https://www.kincony.com/build-esp8266-web-serve.html
maybe it can help you something.

2 Likes

Cool! Now we have another way to manage. Platform independent

This code can be downloaded and any ESP8266 module available in the local network? Or just the one connected through the serial port to the controller? This is not indicated in the lesson.

Yes, just work in LAN, it connect with your router’s wifi.When yourself device send message to ESP8266, then ESP8266 will send command to RS232 port to relay controller.

Hi Guys I am interested in this kincony product , I just have one question , if you as example turn on or off bunch of really at same time , is it fast switching . and does home assistant handles it well for multiple ones or it is slow I mean few seconds , I have wifi stuff when I turn off all house it turns within a second as I see from some video it looks slow once you use turn off all realays it looks slow and can not take multiple commands at once
only one command at a time , is that true or I am mistaken

It works in real time. I did not notice a subjective delay.

Hello everyone
also i am in possession of a kc868 h8 card.
I would like to integrate with home assistant via ethernet lan network.
help me find the best solution to do it?
I recently started with home assistant, can you give me a guide or the code to add to work with this card?
is it not possible to integrate with node-red? or moquitto?
Has the feedback problem been solved?
thank you all
you are really very good

1 Like

You can use 1 command to turn all relay on and off, there will be no delay. not need to send several commands.

You can use 1 command to turn all relay on and off, there will be no delay. not need to send several commands.

Now we have make the python code for Home assistant use that control 32 channel relays. I will make video and upload code to github, all relay board is support. such as 2 channel,4 channel, 8 channel ,16 channel, 32 channels.

3 Likes

Unbelievable! You are the best guys!

Guys, who knows how to add this information to the official HA help system?