360 PIR sensor - recommendation needed. And tip for people looking to install new/replace old alarm system

Recently, I’ve had someone install a Bosch 3000 security alarm system with ethernet module, traditional PIR sensor and a couple of 360 PIR sensor(BOSCH-DS936) with the intention to double as light automation sensors.
The Bosch 360 sensor only detects motion in a 2-3m radius even with high sensitivity setting which doesn’t work in my 13m long hallway(3m ceiling).
So here I am, looking for recommendations of 360 security PIR sensors that can cover a radius of 7m+.

Tip for people looking to install a new/replace old security alarm system:
Use DSC PowerSeries(not NEO) with Envisalink and AVOID Bosch 2000/3000.
I’ve had the DSC+ envisalink combo in my previous house, everything were just plug and play to integrate to HASS, motion events are basically instantaneous and never had any issue with missed or stuck events in 2 years.
While the Bosch is pretty much plug and play as well, the mechanics of the API(polls instead of push) limits how fast the actual event is triggered in HASS which makes it unusable for light on automation. I have a delay of anywhere from 1-20 seconds while others report 1-5 seconds.
I chose the Bosch originally because non of my local installers can source the DSC power series anymore here in Australia because it’s discontinued. I bought a DSC PC1864 board and keypad on eBay(overseas) yesterday to replace the Bosch board when it arrives.
Konnected is far from plug and play for anyone might be considering it.

If for use with HA, buy this instead: https://www.athom.tech/blank-1/human-presence-sensor

These are DA BOMB. No more PIR b.s. problems. Instant reaction, and quick turnoff too. Get 'em with ESPHome flashed, and then add them to your HA.

I’ve actually got the Everything Presence One which I believe is quite similar to this one.
The problem is I haven’t found a neat way to ceiling mount units like this.

1 Like

I use a couple of these in my house. They are great.

Yep, got 20 of them on the way. The issue with them is you can’t incorporate them into the DSC alarm system.
If these are 12V Tuya, you can find them way cheaper on aliexpress. I paid about AUD$43 for each.

Do you have your DSC alarm communicating with HA? Can you not link them that way?

I can, but there are a couple of issues this way:

1. mmWave sensors are too sensitive for alarm application. The sensor is located in a hallway with a large pane of glass, most likely it will trigger false alarm here and there.
  2. If there’s any issue with a. zigbee stick b. HASS server c. network switch, the sensor won’t even trigger siren.

Since you are also in Aus:

I haven’t used these before but they should work for your requirement.

1 Like

Athom sensors come with a versatile mount that lends itself very much for this.