3D printed scene switch button icons on physical buttons

So I finally migrated from ZHA (using Sonoff ZBBridge with Tasmota) to Zigbee2MQTT (using Slaesh’s CC2652R stick), and I have been very pleased with it! Main reason for migrating was reliability - ZHA/Sonoff ZBBridge continually kept needing restarts, reconnecting, etc.

Another reason was because of the Moes 4 button scene switch (model number _TZ3000_xabckq1v or ESW-4ZAA-CN or TS004F) I purchased, which did not work with ZHA. With Z2M it worked instantly, and I thought it’d be nice to have icons on the scene switch. The blueprint I used for it allows single, double and long press. Credits and thanks to the author @Stringer !

I 3D printed flat icons (1.5mm height) - two versions - one for myself, and one for my brother. I needed these icons on the switches because my wife will be using the switch in my office to turn on/off lights etc. and it makes it more user friendly.

Version 1 - Downlights, Lights, RGB LED Strips, and 3D Printer

Version 2 - Lights, Wax Melter, Fan, and Media Play/Pause

I used my AnyCubic i3 Mega-S for this with white PLA filament, printed at 0.2mm layer height, with a brim - 210c hotend and 60c heated bed. Once printed, I cut around the brim with a Stanley knife/Xacto blade. Thin double sided tape on the back, cleaned the scene switch buttons with 99% IPA, and stuck them down. Very pleased with the results! Only thing is the edges on the icons look a bit rough, but that’s probably because of my amateur cutting skills with the blade… If you print without a brim you may have bed adhesion issues, but if you can print without a brim, I think this will give them a much cleaner edge and look.

Please see the pictures for end results, and you can find the STL file on Thingiverse. Hope you find this a useful addition! Any feedback would be appreciated!

3 Likes