433mhz gateway comparison

see next post and read about mysensors on www.mysensors.org

Are the multiple garden X added for range reasons or do they have each another purpose?

both.
it is hard to find an inexpensive transmitter that can reach over 100 meters (but i have them also all around my 350 m2 house with 1m thick brick walls) in all circumstances.
but on every sensor i can also add other usefull sensors, so in a garden every 25 meters is actually just a basic need.
some switches need a little stronger signal, so 25 meter away with a 433, mhz transmitter could even be to far.
this way there is Always a “remote” at a distance from 12,5 from every place in the garden.

(the 25 meter distance is just a figure, in truth i have more sensors and a smaller outside place (and also control sensors), because i like to be sure, but in the near future i will have an extra garden 300 meters away from my home. a few wellplaced mysensors sensors by my neighbours will make me reach out to that new garden as well.)

how are they powered?

anyway i like. in some part in the garden with 12V (with 12V/5V stepdown) on other places with 240V (with 240v/5v stepdown) depends on what kind of power is nearby.

arrived my superetherodyne, followed the Bruh automation guide, but the pi3 is not getting any code in receiving mode … I am stuck …

Is it 5v powered?

Your pi is expecting 3,3v if you don’t use a voltage divider you are going to damage it

I don’t understand. The voltage is from the pi (that gives power) to the receiver, no? I connect the VCC of the receiver to the +5V of the pi3.

Anyway if this is the case can you recommend a 3,3V TXRX?
Nowehre was written that 5V is not good … all the guides are showing tranceivers of all sorts, without any mentioning of voltage problems.

I am interested in getting the signal from PIR sensor, so a reicever is enough (as transmitter I am very satisfied with Broadlink)

The receiver is powered with 5V, as it is powered with 5v it is returning a variable 5V signal to its data pin, as the pi is designed to accept 3,3V as input you are outside the range on the gpio connected to the data pin.

After some search other people are wiring like that it may not be the issue.

Did you check this kind of tutorial.

As I’m not connecting my receiver to a Pi I can’t help you more than google.

yes I understand your point of 3,3 and 5 V. for the DATA pin. It can be that the problem.

Anyway as you can see also on the guide you provided they do not mention anything about different voltage for the data pin …

I bought a level voltage converte, will see. ALthough it gets all bulkier and bulkier. I prefer ready made objects …

Do you have an arduino to test your receiver?

Nope, I don’t

I would continue investigation on the pi before ordering another component, try maybe different schema type and software.

get a home automation designer, and let him do the job. :wink:
off course, letting another doing the job is a bit more expensive :wink:

1 Like

no problem with that. Are you proposing?

i dont think you live in my area :wink:
if i have to do it for you it would become very, very expensive :wink:

but i am sure that it is possible to find the right people in your area :wink:

Thanks, I will look for somebody else

I can send you a configured and working esp 433MHz bridge (wemos d1 mini), as I already use mine for some time and I’m pretty happy with it.

you have 2? Or you use now something else?

I see that D1 is a wifi board, what do you use as 433 receiver?