433toMQTTto433 Bidirectional Arduino Gateway

Thanks a lot Petrica.
I just read in some place that the R8H units can be at max 3 pieces in same place.
Cause everione can be set from 1 to 3 … is that true please ?

I think that the best solution can be to make from zero an arduino
with temp/humidity sensor and RF module.
All this in order to make it work with 433toMQTTto433 or the Pilight
Put all in sleep mode and wake it up only 5 minutes.
In this case with 2 batts of 1,5V maybe will work one year.

Thanks again
Denis

The sensor has a switch with 3 positions to choose from 3 channels. Actually I think that this refers to the fact that, from the factory, they have the ability to set a single ID to a batch of devices, then each device will provide its unique key by changing the channel case there are two units with the same ID.

I don’t know anything about their production process in order to compute probability for more than 3 devices in the same batch sent to customers to share the same ID, but I guess it would be quite low.

Haven’t looked too much into a 433toMQTTto433 option but I think there might be solutions such as Zigbee that are optimized for low power, even lower data transmission (but permanently connected with gateway), that could offer years of a LR2450 battery.

The problema is that I don’t know why… but I don’t like the Zigbee :frowning:
Maybe cause in moy house I allready habe BT + WiFi + RF433 … a lot of radio.
So I don’t want to add also Zigbee.

In the mean time that Florian will apply the R8H ,
and because I have a lot of time this mouths cause I work from home (corona)
I will search and study some projects that can be usefull in my case.

What I want is to put a temp/humidity sensor in all my rooms and also outside
in my greenhouse and in the chicken coop… and all this sensor data I want to have it
in the Hassio (Node-Red) in order to make some rutines.

So because I so that you are a guru in this thinks I ask you permission to vrite you privatelly
and maybe when you have some minutes we can talk about at phone (I’m in Italy)

Thanks a lot again
Denis

Hi,

I’m not familiar with Node-Red as I only use yaml automations (since I don’t work in IT, I had no previous programming experience to compare with writing yaml automations), but once the sensor data is in, then I guess there would not be any issue with NR.

Yes, you can contact me.

Hi,

Yes we are waiting for the release of Pilight new version, and when released it could be integrated to ESPilight and OMG

1 Like

You could use an LYWSD03MMC in each room (BLE), they are cheap and supported by OpenMQTTgateway.

1 Like

I have 11 of them. None overlap, they all have unique channels.

1 Like

Ok thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot Florian,
but I just want to use same sensor in all my house+garden+greenhouse
so I need a little long range sensors.

On OMG forum I just open a thread when I ask some help in order to make a sensor by DIY
that can “talk” with OMG. Please take a look if you have some time.
Thanks a lot
(Mersi mult :slight_smile: )

Hi, what is the range needed for you sensors ?

Must go out from my house trought a wall, and then about 50-60 Mt. in a free field.
I just find this post that is greate to learn in order to make my sensor :slight_smile:
But I must change the RF module cause that one I think work only inside house.

Thanks a lot Flo :slight_smile:

It could work with BLE if you didn’t have the wall, I was able to reach 60m with this board:

Thanks a lot for the link,
but I think this module is too big and expensive in order to make all home sensors using it.

But you give me a new idea for the BLE sensors… cause I find this one from Xiaomi
that cost less and il a lot simpatic :slight_smile:

So as far as I know the OMG work well with BLE sensors.
So now I’ll decide if… I’ll make a DIY sensor module (like I post here)
or I’ll buy some of this sensors and I’ll make a OMG for every zone where BLE distance is not arrive.

Anyway the best sensor may be a DIY on atmel based (with all powerdown/sleep mode),
wake it up every 3-5 minutes, take data from temp/humidity sensor, update the numbers on
little nice e-link dispay, send data via a good RF 433Mhz to OMG and back to sleep again.
The one that you make is great… but need to add better RF module and maybe a better temp/humidity one.
Maybe is time to uodate that page :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot again
(mersi din nou :slight_smile: )