502: Bad Gateway SSH& Web Terminal

helped me too. I just don’t get why there is no simple hint for a first config like a popup for “please create password”. Would reduce the anger and hassle infinite times.
now it just feels like a trashy addon

1 Like

Greetings from Turkey, i tried the set password but still 502 bad getaway :frowning: any other advices ?

In the plug in page there is a tab called CONFIGURATION, disable zsh and set hard password.

Totally agree, in openHAB you get a warning if you make a change and try to navigate to another page without saving. No mention of setting the password in the docs for the addon from what I saw, no prompt to set one, and no warning when you make a password and then navigate away because the save is way down the bottom. Then the bad gateway error is in no way close to what the real issue is. EDIT another poor design is there are more then 1 save button and I was pushing the wrong one.

Poor design and my frustration levels are already very high after I had to reload due to the new login page failing to accept my password and I only had the 1 account setup. Then found theres no SSH running when I know I would have set one up as a first step. Getting treated like a little kid when I know how to develop code and use linux at a low level.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the fact that this addon can allow you a quick way to use the terminal from the UI, I just want to know that I have full access to the under lying OS via putty for when things go wrong.

For those that change the password and nothing happens, you may be doing the same as my.

I did not notice that each configuration section has a save button.
The yaml part at the start has a save button
The port configuration has a save button
etc. etc.

I just scrolled through all the settings and pushed the last save button, but that did not save the yaml config in the first section!

IT WORKED!!! Thanks a lot!