6 curtain installation

Hello,i already have a functional home assistant installation (2022.2.6) with some other stuff working, all ok.

So, i have 6 curtain which use the average bidirectional motor, and i am planning to domotize it, never used Zigbee, so i need advice.

Worries:
-Will the modules work with the dongles?
-Will any of these “Zigbee curtain module” work with ZHA ?
-How do i set the total (up/dn) run time?

Proposed dongles:

• EFR32MG21
  • Conbee 2

Proposed curtain modules:
LoraTap ZigBee Shutter Switch Module
Tuya Smart Zigbee 3.0 Curtain Switch Module

GIRIER Tuya ZigBee 3.0 Smart Blind Curtain Switch Module

Thank you very much 4 the advice, and keep up tis great work.

I just got the GIRIER zigbee curtain module. With a Sonoff usb Zigbee dongle and ZHA integration works fine for me and i think they are the smallest ones out there on aliexpress which was imprtant to me as there is not much space left in the box. I just dont have rocker switches on the wall as it is supposed to work with. So i manually have to ‚rock‘ the switches ´. Or i have to buy spring loaded switches.

Oh and you have to calibrate the timing as described here

2 Likes

So you have a toggle switch (up/zero/down), but the module is designed to work with the spring switch?
How about if you press up and down buttons at the same time, will it damage the module (or even worse, the motor)? Does it remember a current position after a power outage?

maybe to late for you, but maybe some other might be interested.
I have 2 switches, one for up and one for down. If one is pushed, circuit ist closed, and the other cant be switched, as long as the other switch is still in that position. The shades stop on their own when reaching their final position. The Girier switch i use is a toggle switch as described above.

I’ve finally got those too. So far they seem to work fine with GIRIER zigbee curtain module. I hope the modules will serve a long time.

Hi, I also have the Grier, however I can’t calibrate the runtime based on the instructions. The changed value always jumps back to 100. How did you realize that with you?

My blinder switches are latching ones. With this I mean when I push the up button the up button stays on the “on” position. The motor stops itself when the blinder reach the top position.

If, while “up” is pushed I push the “down” button, the “up” one phisicslly moves to off position.

Will this module work with my setup? Or do I need to change the control to one that is spring loaded?

This module behaves like mine: https://youtu.be/4llUa-qZXbA?si=kRr7T3SCwfC3qGYj

Can you validate for me if:

• Which quirk is loaded?
  • If your state changes from closed to open with no interaction after circa 10 minutes of being closed