📳 Appliance Notifications & Actions - Washing Machine - Clothes Dryer - Dish Washer - ETC

Hi, I had to re-install my HA and used this blue[rint before. I believe ir was version 1.4. I used telegram together a notification when the appliance finishes. Now I installed 1.5 but it isn’t working. I set the start power to 5 watt for 1 minute (settings I used before) but I don’t receive any telegram messages.

Hi, thanks for the blueprint.

I still have an adjustment, could you increase the end power time delay, for example to 30 minutes?

Towards the end, my dishwasher has a rest period of 20-30 minutes according to the timer, after which it works briefly again until it is finished.

You could possibly also install a time period function, as a rule you know how long the machine works every day, so you can already specify that within, for example, 2 hours, the automation knows that there is no need to react here and only then End - Power Time Delay is activated. It’s just an idea, I’m not sure if it’s practical.

Or a function that waits at the end for a sequence that can last from X min to X min and then you can switch to End - Power Time Delay.

I checked again, 30 minutes passed in this rest phase, then the power consumption went up again for 2 minutes and then the machine was finished.

It would be great if you could also use a service as a push in your blueprints, for example to send the notification to Telegram/Whatsapp. So only push to the HA app is possible.

1 Like

Agree, I will need to fix this. Stay tuned for the update.

Blacky :smiley:

1 Like

It may have to do with the custom actions. I am going to do an update. Stay tuned for the update.

Tanks for all your all your suggestions.

New Update 1.6

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Custom Actions - Fixed custom action to run independent from message.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

Thanks a lot for the fix! :tada:
lightspeed as always. :zap:

Hi,
thanks alot for the blueprint :slight_smile:

I have 2 questions.

1. is it possible to add my own notification service ? i have a notification service called notify.whatsapp_yves to get my HA messages

2. it would be awesome to get the consumed power and costs within that message. Now i do this with helpers but this doesn’t work that nice and i get many messages that for e.g. the washing machine is ready and starts and again and again. Here is a script example for my Messages

alias: Benachrichtigung Waschmaschine fertig
description: “”
trigger:

• platform: state
    entity_id:
    • binary_sensor.1_detect_waschmaschine_start
      to: “on”
      id: eingeschaltet
  • platform: state
    entity_id:
    • binary_sensor.1_detect_waschmaschine_start
      to: “off”
      id: ausgeschaltet
      condition:
      action:
  • if:
    • condition: trigger
      id:
      • eingeschaltet
        then:
    • service: input_number.set_value
      target:
      entity_id: input_number.waschmaschine_energy_start
      data:
      value: “{{ states(‘sensor.steckdose_waschmaschine_energy’) | float }}”
    • service: input_datetime.set_datetime
      target:
      entity_id: input_datetime.2_waschmaschine_uhrzeit_start
      data:
      time: “{{ now().strftime(‘%H:%M:%S’) }}”
  • if:
    • condition: trigger
      id:

• ausgeschaltet
        then:
    • service: input_datetime.set_datetime
      target:
      entity_id: input_datetime.2_waschmaschine_uhrzeit_stop
      data:
      time: “{{ now().strftime(‘%H:%M:%S’) }}”

• delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 1
      milliseconds: 0

• service: notify.whatsapp_yves
      data:
      Waschmaschine fertig

Verbrauch:{% set kwh =
      states('sensor.steckdose_waschmaschine_energy') | float - 
      states('input_number.2_waschmaschine_energy_start') | float  %}  {{
      kwh | round(2) }}  kWh 

Kosten:{% set kosten =
      (states('sensor.steckdose_waschmaschine_energy') | float - 
      states('input_number.2_waschmaschine_energy_start') | float)  *
      states('input_number.aktueller_strompreis_haus') | float(0)
      %}        {{ kosten | round(2) }} €

Dauer:         {{
      (as_timestamp(strptime(states('input_datetime.2_waschmaschine_uhrzeit_stop'),
      '%H:%M:%S')) -
      as_timestamp(strptime(states('input_datetime.2_waschmaschine_uhrzeit_start'),
      '%H:%M:%S'))) | timestamp_custom('%H:%M:%S', false) }}

mode: single

Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-20 um 15.35.50

I will PM you

Great blueprint but I get false positive notifications of washing ends when I set postpone. My washing machine spins the drum few times to calculate correct elapsed time based on weight and then sleeps until postpone time. This triggers automation and sends me end washing notification.
Would it be possible to verify that the washing machine is running for at least 15min?

@dimmuboy

Have a look at this, and let me know if this helps you. Click Here

Thanks, I already see it :smiley:
I changed Start - Power Time Delay so we will see.

1 Like

You will probably need to look at the “End - Power Time Delay”

But I don’t want to delay end. I want to get notification immediately but only if washing machine is running longer than 15 minutes to avoid notification after startup weighing

Okay I got it, let me have a look at it tonight.

@dimmuboy

New update about to be released. Test it out and let us know how you go.

New Update 1.7

New Feature :new:

• Running - Dead Zone - Once the appliance starts, you can implement a dead zone to prevent a false end trigger. This is particularly useful when the power briefly dips below the appliance’s end setpoint during the cycle after startup. Setting the running dead zone beyond this point ensures a reliable conclusion by preventing a premature end trigger.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

2 Likes

Pretty cool update. I like it

Another optional feature request: why not calculate the consumption in Wh/kWh (end-start = consumption per washing pass :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love your work, you made the hard things simple and easy, Ima fan of blueprints! lets goooooooo!

@nukleuz80

Nice thanks…

If we look back at this post it is very similar every cycle. Not sue if it would give value. Maybe you ca give me more information on the why.