7 Day Weather Forecast

I’m having the same issue with friendly names. On 64.

Can you double check that friendly_name_template is working for you with another sensor? These are the only changes I made.

Thanks for the update, works great.

I wonder if it’s Hassio causing the issue? It just does not work here so I’m back to the original weather.yaml and Python script.

How do you manually run the script ? I have a very similar situation. need help

From services select python_script.dark_sky_friendly_names

Any news on a fix for this? I love the card but the names don’t work on any sensor as far as i can see :confused:

I came across this just a bit ago and was trying to add it to my HASS install. However, I can’t get it to show up. I added weather.yaml to a packages folder in my homeassistant config folder. I also added the packages: !include_dir_named packages line to my configuration.yaml. Last, I added - group.weather_card_forecast to the entities in one of my views. Nothing new is showing up in that view. Any help appreciated.

Any errors in the log? Are you sure that you put !include_dir_named packages under the homeassistant: heading?

I’m getting Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'attributes' of undefined in the logs. The packages line is under the homeassistant: heading.

It is working perfectly fine for me, only issue is that apart from the foreccast widget all the icons are showing also in the “summary” view. How can I disable them from showing in there? And just enable the Forecast view/widget?

These are the icons I don’t want to display:

As I only want to display this:

Adding: also for some reason, the name of the days are not correct. Only “today” is right, but not the other ones. Using Hassio, too.

Any ideas/help appreciated!

Yes because as previously reported, in Hassio the name template does not seem to work. The Python script is working though.

So it’s not working perfectly right?

To get rid of the extra icons you need to use customize as per posts way above…

any idea why some of the forecast icons resolve to “day” and some to “night”?

it looks like that’s happening to others based on screenshots. personally i really only want the day icons, so i’ll probably just make the day/night pngs the same, but it seems a bit odd.

23%20PM

They are following the icons from darkSky itself, follow link and scroll down the page you should see the same.

yeah you’re right! seems weird. wonder if it’s intentional.

Probably because the details for that day so far is “Partly cloudy starting in the evening.”

1 Like

It seems, they highlight the “most important” aspect of the weather for that day

Thanks for this example :grinning:
Used it to show the Dutch weather info (Buienradar) in a nice way.

Screenshot_1

The code

- platform: template
  sensors:
    # Buienradar weather forecast
    forecast_0:
      friendly_name_template: Toelichting
      value_template: Min | Max | Regen
      icon_template: mdi:weather-partlycloudy
    forecast_1:
      friendly_name_template: >
        {%- set date = as_timestamp(now()) + (1 * 86400 ) -%}
        {{ date | timestamp_custom("%A %d %b") }}
      value_template: >
        {{states.sensor.buienradar_minimum_temperature_1d.state|round(0)}}°C | {{states.sensor.buienradar_temperature_1d.state|round(0)}}°C | {{states.sensor.buienradar_rainchance_1d.state|round(0)}}%
      entity_picture_template: >-
        {{ states.sensor.buienradar_symbol_1d.attributes.entity_picture }}
    forecast_2:
        {%- set date = as_timestamp(now()) + (2 * 86400 ) -%}
        {{states.sensor.buienradar_minimum_temperature_2d.state|round(0)}}°C | {{states.sensor.buienradar_temperature_2d.state|round(0)}}°C | {{states.sensor.buienradar_rainchance_2d.state|round(0)}}%
        {{ states.sensor.buienradar_symbol_2d.attributes.entity_picture }}
    forecast_3:
        {%- set date = as_timestamp(now()) + (3 * 86400 ) -%}
        {{states.sensor.buienradar_minimum_temperature_3d.state|round(0)}}°C | {{states.sensor.buienradar_temperature_3d.state|round(0)}}°C | {{states.sensor.buienradar_rainchance_3d.state|round(0)}}%
        {{ states.sensor.buienradar_symbol_3d.attributes.entity_picture }}
    forecast_4:
        {%- set date = as_timestamp(now()) + (4 * 86400 ) -%}
        {{states.sensor.buienradar_minimum_temperature_4d.state|round(0)}}°C | {{states.sensor.buienradar_temperature_4d.state|round(0)}}°C | {{states.sensor.buienradar_rainchance_4d.state|round(0)}}%
        {{ states.sensor.buienradar_symbol_1d.attributes.entity_picture }}
    forecast_5:
        {%- set date = as_timestamp(now()) + (5 * 86400 ) -%}
        {{states.sensor.buienradar_minimum_temperature_5d.state|round(0)}}°C | {{states.sensor.buienradar_temperature_5d.state|round(0)}}°C | {{states.sensor.buienradar_rainchance_5d.state|round(0)}}%
        {{ states.sensor.buienradar_symbol_5d.attributes.entity_picture }}
3 Likes

Follow the steps but getting an error

The following components and platforms could not be set up:

sensor.template
Please check your config.

2018-03-05 15:09:26 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [sensor.template]: [friendly_name_template] is an invalid option for [sensor.template]. Check: sensor.template->sensors->forecast_1->friendly_name_template. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/sensor.template/

Sensors appear but not the icons or group