7 Day Weather Forecast

as per 7 Day Weather Forecast you seemed to be saying it’s part of 0.66. Anyway it’s still not working and I’m using the python scritpt again.

This looks great…thanks for sharing!!

This looks great! I downloaded your package and icons, but the state card is blank. Any ideas how to fix it? I’m running on 0.65.6, installed manually.

Did you also follow the instruction for Custom UI: HTML - custom content in state-cards?

Hi need to set this up. It includes custom cards, adding the path to front-end in configuration.yaml and adding the stylesheet which I slightly modified

I’m just looking into it, haven’t added Custom UI. Also I noticed the icons in your script are under weather_icons/dark_sky/ instead of www/icons/dark_sky
Could you share your sensor.yaml and configration.yaml sections please? Thanks again!

Something isn’t quite right with my setup. I’m running 0.66.0.beta1 but the high/low/precip values for the daily forecasts aren’t showing up.

img2

that’'s right i just set the icon directory like that for tidiness.
All the associated sensors are already in the package file.

on my config I have the following

Enables the frontend

frontend:
javascript_version: latest
extra_html_url:
- /local/custom_ui/state-card-custom-ui.html
- /local/custom_ui/state-card-custom-fan.html
- /local/custom_ui/state-card-custom-ha.html
- /local/custom_ui/state-card-custom-volume.html
- /local/custom_ui/custom-weather-card.html
- /local/custom_ui/state-card-html.html
extra_html_url_es5:
- /local/custom_ui/state-card-custom-ui-es5.html
- /local/custom_ui/custom-weather-card.html
- /local/custom_ui/state-card-html_es5.html
themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes/

Cant access the files as Im traveling.

what you need for this is the state-card’s

Not sure why you cant see the badges.
Only thing is IM not running 66 beta and it may be that this https://github.com/andrey-git/home-assistant-custom-ui
needs an update on 66
are your other custom cards/icons running ok on beta?

This is the first custom card I’ve tried, so I have no idea :wink:.

:grinning:
well, you have the custom ui package running cause otherwise you couldnt see the state to html bit at the top with the daily weather.
you just cant see the badges
your configuration.yaml file needs to have this

homeassistant:

customize_glob:

.”:
custom_ui_state_card: state-card-custom-ui

Aha! Getting home-assistant-custom-ui and home-assistant-customizer installed appears to be the piece I was missing. With these long threads pieces of the puzzle tend to get lost.

Screenshot%20from%202018-03-26%2014-39-34

1 Like

good :grinning:

Very cool, this looks nice. @jcollie @juan11perez I’m wondering if you really need the text after the day of the week that says “high / low/ precip”? It seems kind of obvious by looking at the sensor values which is which. It’s your UI, so no sweat off my back, just wanted to put in my two cents! I think it would look cleaner with just the days of the week.

@DetroitEE agree, dont like it much, but the precipitation does need to be clarified as you only have a % unit.
So then you could leave only precip, but that’s incomplete.
any suggestion to ensure precip is understood?

Just remember that the last number is the precip? :wink:

If you could get HIGH/LOW/PRECIP above the badge just like the units are below the badge that would be awesome. That would take more CSS/HTML skill than I have though.

1 Like

I have updated the weather.yaml to work with Hassio. Basically, Hassio is not able to resolve %-d or %-m, hence we need to use something similar to:

{%- set date = as_timestamp(now()) + (2 * 86400 ) -%}
{{ date | timestamp_custom("%A (%d/%m)") | replace("(0", "(") | replace("/0", "/") }}
1 Like

Hi, is this weather forecast working for all of you? Nothing changed in my config for more than 2 weeks, but from yesterday I don´t get any api call and all dark sky sensor disappeared.

@arsaboo I´m using your config and camera meteogram is also not working and can´t get any image. Do you have any idea why? For you is everything working?

Seems like a dark sky issue specific to you. Have you logged in and checked your api is right?

Yes of course. But I haven´t changed my config fow more than two weeks…