7 Day Weather Forecast

Well ok but it’s just you and your API - mine is working fine so I’d try logging into your dark sky account and checking it’s ok. There’s also a limit to the number of daily API calls as well…

API calls not reach 700 per day… Anyway, thank you, have to find, why it´s not working, but have no idea :frowning:

Edit
And what does this means?

Log Details (ERROR)
Thu Apr 12 2018 12:30:58 GMT+0200 (Střední Evropa (letní čas))

Error fetching Cognito keyset: Cannot connect to host cognito-idp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com:443 ssl:True [Try again]

I missed that you are seeing other errors as well.

So it’s not just the dark sky that’s not working.

Looks like there are more serious problems. It could be an SD-Card or power or issue like that. I did actually have some really weird issues with dark sky (see way above here) that went away when I changed the SD-Card.

For the error it helped to disable cloud in configuration.yaml. I´m not sure, if it´s power or SD card issue as rest is working without any problem.

Log is showing me this, but today I have no api calls (checked via darksky web)…

2018-04-12 14:11:35 ERROR (SyncWorker_10) [homeassistant.components.sensor.darksky] Unable to connect to Dark Sky. HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.darksky.net’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /forecast/5e6707c9e51ab65349301ee510a45bcc/50.1997,14.8457?units=ca&lang=cs (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x73ba6090>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again’,))

Yeah…looks like a broader issue. This is working fine for me as well.

It´s weird… For example cameras… I can connect without any problem via PC web browser as per link in my config, but HA is showing me, that it can´t connect to… :frowning:

2018-04-12 14:33:25 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera.generic] Error getting new camera image: Cannot connect to host www.yr.no:443 ssl:True [Try again]

Edit
I think it causes Pi-hole. Because if I stop it, it will work. But I want to also use Pi-hole. Any idea why Pi-hole blocked it? Dark sky, cameras…

Edit 2
It´s very weird as it´s now working without any change…

Edit 3
Unfortunatelly finally it´s not working. I´m trying to solve it via Pi-hole thread…

Is it possible to get the forecast of the day itself instead of Tomorrow? I want to know the forecast temp of the day itself

Mine shows today… the weather.yaml file was recently updated although not for that reason but mine shows today as well as the forecast.

There’s an outside chance I edited it to show today as I think about it…

Make sure down the bottom it has this:

group:
  weather_card_forecast:
    name: Forecast
    view: no
    icon: mdi:sun
    entities:
      - sensor.forecast_0
      - sensor.forecast_1
      - sensor.forecast_2
      - sensor.forecast_3
      - sensor.forecast_4
      - sensor.forecast_5
      - sensor.forecast_6
      - sensor.forecast_7

I’m having an issue with icons, but only on my phone app or phone browser. They show up fine my PC.

Both devices are connecting via duckdns url and on the same network.

Any ideas?

Just bumping for myself. I’m pretty new, so maybe its just a “feature” that I’m not aware of. Is there any reason not to display the icons on a smaller screen. Works find in browser on PC, but not on IPhone with app or via chrome or safari.

If it shows up on the PC, it should work on the Phone too. It is working fine for me here,

Thanks, that is what I would have expected as well. do you have any idea’s where I could look to figure out what’s going on?

Try deleting and reinstalling the app.

I have done that. I’ve also opened via browser/url with safari and chrome. I’ve done this while connected locally on LAN, via VPN, and just over cellular.

So weird. Maybe another home assistant setting?

Then, it is a separate bug and not related to the this thread.

ok, just sharing in case others are also having the issue.

Here are two screen captures from safari and app Its not the end of the world, just perplexing.

and one from my pc

Actually I guess I’m having an icon problem across the board. Maybe my icons were cached on the computer that was displaying, but as of this morning, I have no icons anywhere. I’m sure it’s a config change I made somewhere.

I see what I did. I changed my weather.yaml file to the newer version from post 173, but the icon path changed to /icons/dark_sky. I’ll update when I get home today. I’m sure it will fix my issue.

hahaha! yeah that got me a while back as well when I was testing using the template rather than the python script and all my icons disappeared as well. Moving them to the new location will fix that. (This is better than editing the yaml file in my opinion as if you update the yaml again, you will have the same problem)

where to get the darksky icons to use in weather.yaml?