7 Day Weather Forecast

https://www.dr-lex.be/software/download/DarkSky-icons.zip

This is actually pulled from a comment in the weather.yaml file itself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got it, thanks… just one question: your last weather.yaml will work also on hassbian?

Sorry, not my file. :slight_smile:
Just a user like you. I believe it would work, but not personally familiar with hassbian.

Can hass.io users confirm that this is now working for them with arsaboo’s latest weather.yaml file? I would like to edit the original post to delete out the stuff about using a python script to update the friendly names, but want to make sure no one still needs that info.

It 100% works. (I’m on Hassio). There was an error with hassio in the template that is fixed in the latest script from Arsaboo.

of course

yes it works, im on hassio too… :+1:

Thanks. Hmm…I’m having trouble finding the edit button for the original post. Can you not edit it after a certain amount of time?

It seems some of the monitored conditions have been depreciated specifically temperature_min and temperature_max. I’ve edited the weather.yaml to use temperature_high and temperature_low and I also had to edit the sensor names to sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature and sensor.dark_sky_overnight_low_temperature.

If this is correct, I can submit a pull request.

Ok I forked it on arsaboo’s repository and created a pull request

@DetroitEE
Any idea I get this config error –

2018-05-29 10:27:40 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [homeassistant]: expected a dictionary for dictionary value @ data[‘packages’][‘sensor’]. Got [OrderedDict([(‘platform’, ‘darksky’), (‘api_key’, ‘fdsfsdfdsfdsfdsfsdfdsfdsfdsfdsfdsfds’), (‘forecast’, [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7]), (‘monitored_conditions’, [‘summary’, ‘precip_probability’, ‘wind_speed’, ‘cloud_cover’, ‘icon’, ‘temperature_low’, ‘temperature_high’, ‘daily_summary’, ‘hourly_summary’])]), OrderedDict([(‘platform’, ‘season’)]), OrderedDict([(‘platform’, ‘template’), (‘sensors’, OrderedDict([(‘forecast_0’, OrderedDict([(‘friendly_name’, ‘Today’), (‘value_template’, '{{states.sensor.dar… (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 2).

my hass is version 0.69.1. (docker - homeassistant/armhf-homeassistant 0.69.1)
Thanks!

Be sure to use arsaboo’s weather.yaml file. https://github.com/arsaboo/homeassistant-config/blob/master/packages/weather.yaml

Yes. I use arsaboo’s file which is from the repo. https://github.com/arsaboo/homeassistant-config/blob/master/packages/weather.yaml
I use the python_script from that repo too.

Anyone tried that on 0.69.1?

That uses friendly name templating, you should not need to use the python script.

The error is related to Darksky configuration. Double check that.

Breaking change for Dark Sky

DarkSky sensor: Added temperature (apparent) high/low, deprecated max/min (@nordlead2005 - #12233) (sensor.darksky docs) (breaking change)

I am having issues with the packages: !include_dir_named packages line…I keep getting an error(see below). when I remark it out everything is fine.
Configuration invalid
Error loading /config/configuration.yaml: ‘utf-8’ codec can’t decode byte 0xb0 in position 889: invalid start byte

Update:I was able to paste the weather.yaml contents directly into configuration.yaml and got it to work sort of. I get the cards now, but still error or unknown for the specific data

Stick with the package approach, it’s much cleaner and it does work, we just need to figure out why it isn’t working for you. Were you sure to put packages: under the homeassistant: heading?

Your right, I really don’t want all of that in the config file.
deleted it all out, just put packages: under homeassistant and it does not like that…just hangs.
Update: I had moved the groups section under the groups.yaml file already
See image below…i have the 2 spaces right, but somethign with the weather.yaml it is not liking.

and at the bottom of my config file…
image)
nothing directly pointing to the weather.yaml in the packages folder

Update: made sure I was using the latest from arsaboo’s github. made sure to replace the weather.yaml contents, and the groups.yaml, commented out the python_script, still a no-go on the packages under homeassistant .
coping the code from raw.
updated with error picture…same error, just different line position

Are you using the weather.yaml code from the OP or from arsaboo’s github? You should be using the latter. I linked to it a few posts above. You will not need the python script part of your code, as friendly name templating makes it unnecessary.