7 Day Weather Forecast

I have provided the link in the package.

1 Like

indirectly related to this thread: is it possible to keep the code updated automatically (or semi automatically, just clicking a button or little more, but not going through the copy/paste and change the files)?

I use HASSIO

used your code but do not get the data

here?

\UBUNTU\config\www\dark_sky\DarkSky-icons\PNG

The www folder should be in the same location as your configuration.yaml file.

The code is designed to automatically update the names.

? It is, thatā€™s a HASSIO configuration

Then, the path should be \UBUNTU\config\www\dark_sky\

@anon35356645

Were you able to get the data to show? Mine is similar to yours with no icons or the correct days showing. I have the icons here \config\www\dark_sky.

Forecast

@arsaboo Your weather.yaml file references /local/dark_sky in this line: {{ '/local/dark_sky/' ~ states.sensor.dark_sky_icon.state ~ '.png'}}

Should that be /local/www/dark_sky/ ? It seems like a couple of people are experiencing the same issue, so Iā€™m wondering if the path is incorrect.

/local refers to the www folder and it should be in the same location as configuration.yaml. You can see my directory structure in my repo.

I see, thanks for clarifying.

Is it possible that the automation to update the icons and hasnā€™t been run yet after the users have restarted? Your code only has triggers to monitor state changes, but I donā€™t know if the initial startup of HA triggers a state change. I have an additional trigger that runs the automation when home assistant starts, though I didnā€™t actually test it to see if it works without it.

Yes, that should be it. In my case, I run the script once on start (see here) and then everytime on update.

Thanks.

For those who are having this issue, this is how Iā€™m doing it. I added this trigger to the automation in the weather.yaml file:

- platform: homeassistant
        event: start

Not sure what happened but I re-extracted the icons to the folder and it is now showing. Now I just need the days of the week to show up

Forecast2

Try manually running the python script from services to see if it is working for you.

Hmmm, I added this to the trigger and restarted but it still didnā€™t update the names.

• platform: homeassistant
    event: start

same with me, I managed the icons, bu tnot the dates

all files there, all SVG and PNG?

It seems like youā€™re still not able to run the python script. I believe the icons will show up without the python script because they obtain the path directly from the weather.yaml file. You need to troubleshoot why the python script is not executing.

Did you add python_script: to your configuration.yaml file? Did you name the python file correctly and place it in a sub-folder called python_scripts?