73.0 -- lock status is inverted

After update to 73.0 the lock status is inverted. GUI showing locked is actually unlocked; and unlocked as locked.

I don’t have that behavior with 73. I’m using schlage Zwave locks

Odd. I rolled back to 72.1 and all ok; then back to 73.0 and problem comes back.

It is with 4 Schlage BE469’s and a KwikSet. All show the same exact behavior.

The notification and status say locked; but the lock.XXXXX entity icon is clearly unlocked. Physically checking the lock they are locked.

So you have any logic to force the lock.xxxx entity to sync to status?

I did not do anything special. I have two be469s and a FE599. They all seem to be working normally. You running the dev branch by any chance?

Nope, 73.0 release.

I have the same issue with zwave lock (Danalock v3) after update to 73.1 - locked but shows as unlocked in GUI.

This is by design, take a look at issue 15276 on github: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/15276

Really piiss poor this didn’t make it into the release notes…

And it should be a breaking change as it’s to do with physical security!

Also to me on should be locked and off unlocked, the new convention feels backwards

1 Like

I second all of your statements.

A lock that is turned on is locked. Plain and simple.

I am seeing the same thing. Should definitly been in the release notes…

I don’t like this either. The explanation is:

Before lock would be unlocked with the group.turn_off service. Now it does lock the door. Imagine this together with lights and switches. You will turn off lights and switches and lock the lock.

I am not sure I even have the group.turn_off service??? Besides, you don’t “turn_off” locks. You lock or unlock them. Very unnatural.

Maybe an option so it can be done both ways??

I hate to complain because I know people are working hard to give me an awesome product but this one just seems weird and counter intuitive.

After using an automation to lock my locks. They are showing inverted in the UI just like everyone else. Don’t like it either. The icon shows locked but switch shows offf.

Agree, lots of hard work goes into HomeAssistant. This one just feels backwards; and the change warranted a larger mention. The git issue even mentioned it would be in the release notes; but it wasn’t as far as I can see.

But I’d rather the developers code then write doc’s :wink:

After reading this obviously I’m in the minority but I like it better. When you scroll through to make sure all the lights,switches and everything are off it always made me double take at the locks because they appeared on. Now a quick look and I know everything is off and locked

3 Likes