$800 Reward for a working and stable Rnet integration with Alexa

Just what it says. I will offer anyone that can provide a stable Rnet integration working with Alexa. I have the device below to work as an IP to serial gateway. Has to work on a pi image.

Fill your boots.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09D7TYHP2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00 ie=UTF8&psc=1

Y’know I hope you get what you want, but that is not really how open source works. I haven’t seen anyone who offers a bounty on here be successful.

why not describe your problem, include some logs, describe your setup. You may get some help without spending your $800 :slight_smile:

Thanks for reaching out. Plainly put, the integration doesn’t work. The documentation is non-existent other than point HA to the IP and port of the IP to the serial gateway, baud of 19200, 8 and 1. Failure to get power state comes up. It is in a couple of dozen posts with people ending in frustration and walking away from the platform.

There is no guidance as to what flavour of implementation is working. I don’t want to have a PC running all the time just to have one integration working.

I am able to get the RIO flavour working, but that one is flaky and as many have noted it drops the connection in a couple of hours. That seems to be more of the fault of the Russound device, but who really can tell. That is why I am trying to use the serial port working as it would seem to be more stable.

I probably have 20-30 hours into this and either someone will put their hand up, or I walk away. If you know of anyone that has this working that I could talk to, that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Yes it does. See the reply a day ago in the other thread you posted to.

What is the RIO flavour? I see what you are referring to Russound RIO - Home Assistant

Hi Gullivers, did you figure this out in the end? Im trying to do the same thing using the same IP to serial gateway.

My settings on the gateway are:

But I’m getting a broken pipe error in HA. (full error below). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.entity
Source: components/russound_rnet/media_player.py:95
First occurred: 6:36:02 PM (204 occurrences)
Last logged: 6:41:32 PM

Update for media_player.living_room fails
Update for media_player.kitchen fails
Update for media_player.bathroom fails
Update for media_player.dining_room fails
Update for media_player.guest_bedroom fails
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/russound/russound.py”, line 165, in get_zone_info
self.send_data(send_msg)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/russound/russound.py”, line 245, in send_data
self.sock.send(data)
BrokenPipeError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 548, in async_update_ha_state
await self.async_device_update()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 746, in async_device_update
raise exc
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 58, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/russound_rnet/media_player.py”, line 95, in update
ret = self._russ.get_zone_info(“1”, self._zone_id, 4)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/russound/russound.py”, line 184, in get_zone_info
return return_value
UnboundLocalError: local variable ‘return_value’ referenced before assignment