9.4 Error Loading view strategy

I just installed 2 waiting updates. One was OS to 9.4 I think and the Other was … cant remember the number. (And I cant find any screen where it lists the currently installed versions)

Anyway now the Overview just says …

Error loading the view strategy:

TypeError: n is undefined

Please help me track this down
JC

2 Likes

Sadly I cannot help but I wanted to note that I did the exact same yesterday and now have the same error. It seems to only impact the default lovelace UI.

Yes - I tried creating another dashboard but it has the same error :frowning:

I goy a very simular issue after installing version 2022.12.7. I got different errors on different clients. On my PC I got the error: ‘Error loading the view strategy: TypeError: e[n. device_id] is undefined.’ and on my Samsung tablet I got the error: ‘Error loading the view strategy: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘area_id’).’
After going back to version 2022.12.6 it again all worked fine for me.
Edit: Tried to instal 2022.12.7 again and got the same error again ;-).

I’m having exactly the same issue, don’t see any errors in the logs (just the on screen one you mentioned). Hoping 2022.12.8 will come along soon and resolve this.

Same here - looks like they broke something trying to fix something else!

Just upgraded to 2022.12.8 but no change, still getting the same error. :frowning:

Hi,

in 12.8 I am getting this message in the overview dashboard:

TypeError: e[n.device_id] is undefined

Same issue since 2022.12.7. My error:

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'area_id')

This problem has multiple issues on the Github tracker.

One issue has bee closed two weeks ago with a commit:

However, that frontend version ( 20221213.1) still has (at least) still the TypeError: e[n.device_id] is undefined problem.

This issue is currently open:

2 Likes

Now with release 2023.1.0 the overview for me is working again! Great success! Thank you all folks!

1 Like