A BIG THANK YOU to the Home Assistant Team and all the contributors / developers!

I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone who has contributed to this amazing solution.

Even though I haven’t run Home Assistant for much longer than 4-5 months I’ve been dabbling in home automation for the past 15 years or so. I started out with X10 and 1-Wire, then via Wink, Zipato, HomeSeer 3 & 4 and now Home Assistant.

For me HA is the holy grail, it’s fast, looks great, VERY powerful/capable, integrates with pretty much everything and best of all - it’s free.

While the knowledge threshold is fairly high (and I consider myself reasonably capable) the documentation is fantastic and what’s not there is in the forums.
I managed to set up a RaspberryPI4 with HA Supervised and a ZWave.Me card which has been running flawlessly over the past 4-5 months and as of this weekend I’m running HA Supervised on a dedicated Linux box (SuperMicro 1U server) with a remote install of ZWaveJS now running on the “old” PI that ran HA earlier, all without asking a single question in the forums because the answer is there if you look for it !

The work that’s been done with ZWaveJS is simply Amazing, the GUI you get through the MQTT addon is fantastic (I don’t use the MQTT portion of it, just use it for the GUI).
The way Automation is implemented is great, I found the whole templating thing a bit challenging at first but I couldn’t imagine being without it now…

I could go on forever and list every single feature and how great it is, but you all already know that :wink:

I just wanted to say Thank You, Thank You, Thank You as no matter how much credit you get, it’s still not enough !

21 Likes