A/C IR control

Hi,

I would like to control my A/C unit (QLIMA S3431) with IR. Are the IR Receiver and Transmitter components able to do this? From what I understand, A/C IR commands are longer and more complex than for example TV, etc…

You could have a look at the sensibo controller

We have three transmitters.
Yashima, tcl112 and Coolix

Coolix is going to support receiver on next release.

You can test if any of those works for your ac or create a feature request in esphome github

1 Like

Coolix works for me, it is a bit basic but it works. I have two question:

• will the fan, dry and timer on/off functions be added in the future?
  • how can I set precision of temperature sensor in the lovelace card ? By default it is 1° but I would prefer 0.1°; temperature_step is 1° which is ok.

fan only, dry, modes, then swing options and fan speeds are features already implemented in v1.15 you can use with coolix if you switch to the dev branch.

the temperature precision is still a bit of mystery of how it exactly works to me, i.e. the tlc112 has a .1 resolution, the thing is the 1 deg resolution for the setpoint applies (you cannot set your ac to 16.3 deg, you can go from 16 to 17, etc) then you have a thermometer there that can of course give you .1 precision temp read backs, so if anybody knows please share.

I have a version of this heat pump that provides a resolution of 1° for Fahrenheit. It did work properly when I was running a custom Arduino sketch for control of this system. Now, with ESPHome, when selecting a setpoint of 78° F, which is correlates to an equivalent Celsius reading of 25.6, it will send over the IR code for 26° C and display 80°F on the unit itself.

I wish the functionality for 1° F resolution still worked.

Check that…I just realized that I worked with a developer to get the enhancements to which I’m referring added to the IRRemote library a couple of years ago but it was for a Midea protocol. My particular heatpump can be controlled by either the Coolix or Midea protocols, but the Midea is the one that offer the 1° for Fahrenheit.