A cure for UK 'no neutral Wire' in light switches

Well, this is EU. And this is UK.
There are also wiring diagrams and pictures available that show what connections are required.

They’re both EU, one with and one without a required neutral.

I believe that in the context of this topic “UK” means “works without neutral”, nothing more.
No offence but don’t know what’s your statement based on and not sure it’s relevant here at all.

EU versions differ from UK versions in that the shape of the back is round for EU and square for UK. the T4EU1C is EU only (ie, round back) but will fit a UK backbox according to the comments on the T4EU1C product page.
On both the links you sent, they state “EU Version”

1 Like

That is good info, thsnks.

Almost forgot to mention, as there is one thing that you need to keep in mind when buying no neutral switches - some of the LED bulbs may fail to be turned off. Instead they will be flickering, even if the switch is off.
I had to put a capacitor in some of my lights to prevent this from happening.
It is nothing wrong with the switches, but how it works without neutral wire.

I received a capacitor and instructions on when/how to use it with my RF wall switched so I think it should come in every pack…

Yep. It might be. But they not always needed, so I wouldn’t be putting them everywhere by default.
I my case - I only had to use them with 2 lights from 12.

I especially mentioned it

1 Like

I have no neutral at my light switch so I was unable to fit the sonoff mini UNTILL I found this smart ceiling Rose.

Hard to see where the strain relief is in those pics?

1 Like

I don’t suppose it will dim?

Of course not. A sonoff mini is not a dimmer. You can put a dimmer in your rose or in the ceiling space above it though.

is there a dimmer you’d recommend / know that works?

Cheers

I use Shelly dimmers and FIbaro dimmers in the ceiling roses

Hi everyone. Trying to solve a similar issue, no neutral wire in the physical switch box. Struggling to understand this though, sorry if this is a noob question. Is there meant to be a second live wire in a ceiling rose that’d provide power to the lamp via eachen when physical switch is off? Why would there be a second live wire? Please help me understand :slight_smile:

@devitus, this is the OP’s description.

Yes, live and neutral loop from one rose to another:

ceiling-rose-new-colours

1 Like

printing this now thank you