A different take on an alarm system

works a treat :slight_smile: better than I thought … :slight_smile:

cool. FOr strobe light you have suggestions?

Hi this is fantastic but again can this work with Envisalink Alarm System or what type of alarm do I need ?

this is like its own stand alone alarm system. you need sensors that report to HA. they can either be sensors reporting directly or via another alarm panel which interfaces to HA via a component

1 Like

What are the steps to install it ?

as per the first post. you need to copy files to HA as a custom_component. However not to take away from this version at all because it is great, I actually swapped across to this one which has had a fair bit more added to it. I’m running an older version to what it is currently up to however will be upgrading the files to the latest soon. This other variant begun from what is above in this thread and was expanded quite nicely.

I agree I have been using it for several months and it works well, and @gazoscalvertos fixes any issues quickly so the support is great.

Also he’s very keen for new ideas and looks to add them in, its a great enhancement to the built in alarm system.

Any idea to run the system if your internet or AC/DC line shutdown? A battery and a 3g dongle? How to implement the dongle?

an easy way is to run your modem and HA server on a UPS and have the mains power status reported to HA. Then use an automation to fire a notification if the mains fails. The issue here is that for the system to work properly you need to have all your sensors either running off the UPS power or battery, but certainly can be done. (many people are already using a lot of battery powered devices anyway)

When my power goes down (which nearly never happens and when it happens it’s mostly me creating a short somewhere…) my UPS powers HASS & My router (& my NAS controlling my cameras). In my case (fiber) all keeps working until UPS is empty. I don’t have a backup for if internet is down but should work the same; Many routers have an option to use a 3g/4g dongle as fail over. I have also notifications set when the UPS kicks in so I know there is something to check (NUT sensor).

I have a very similar setup (here is my siren)

It was pretty loud. However, one day when I was away setting up my burglar alarm it triggered. The default alarm time is 600 seconds. When I tested it afterwards, it sounded MUCH quieter. I suspect it’s just not designed for such a long period of work and half-died, just have no other versions of what’s happened. Keep it in mind.

This is really interesting, could you document somewhere how do you built this ? I have started playing with sonoff and a solder iron for sonoff classic and my heaters, but I’m not really confortable with the electric/electronic part.

Whats this Locks custom script and panels can you send us a screen shoot ?
And how to install it ?

Hi all,

Did anyone get this up and running with Xiaomi Sensors and Gateway as Siren?

I have. It doesnt matter what brand devices you have as long as they are entities in HA. I have a mixture of things in my config

I have the sensors and they work fine, the siren would just be called by the alarm triggered automation so should also work fine.

YES!

It seems to be up and running now, but I do experience a few issues:

#1: Settings not reflected in the userinterface
So when I set the panel to use round buttons, it simple doesn’t work.
EDIT: Seems to switch back after HA restart, but the alarm.yaml file still states “round_buttons: true”

platform: bwalarm
name: House
code_to_arm: true
panel:
  cameras: []
  enable_sensors_panel: true
  enable_camera_panel: true
  enable_clock: true
  hide_sidebar: true
  round_buttons: true

#2: When picking sensors / cameras it doesn’t get written to the alarm.yaml file
When I chose which sensors on the Alarm settings page I want to be either Immediate / Delay or Override, then it sometimes shows a checkbox and sometimes not. Even though when selecting the values wanted, nothing seems to be written to the alarm.yaml file.

states:
  armed_away:
    immediate: []
    delayed: []
    override: []
    pending_time: '25'
    warning_time: '25'
    trigger_time: '300'

What am I doing wrong?

I also found the buttons didn’t always change to round but after restarting and clearing cache etc they seemed to work. It maybe you have a permissions problem if the settings aren’t being saved.

One problem I found was the passcode timeout seems to cause an error so I commented it out. - I noticed that there is a FIXME comment in there :slight_smile:

Hey Keith,

I don’t think it is a permissions issue, since some of the values saved on the configuration page is stored inside the alarm.yaml file.

Even though I clear all browser data and restart HA it reverts back, even though the config states it is set to round as described above.

I haven’t touched that pass code timeout thing. I can see that it says - 1 on the conf page, but should I locate it in the alarm.yaml file and comment it out?

I guess it doesn’t make any big difference, whether I type in the sensors manual or through the configurator or am I wrong?
What should I use to separate the values with (, / &)?

My alarm.yaml looks like the following…

platform: bwalarm
name: House
code_to_arm: true
panel:
  cameras:
  - camera.seatcamvid
  - camera.livingroom_cam
  - camera.occupants
  enable_sensors_panel: true
  enable_clock: true
  enable_weather: true
  hide_passcode: true
  round_buttons: true
  shadow_effect: false
  enable_serif_font: true
  enable_camera_panel: true
states:
  armed_away:
    immediate:
    - binary_sensor.door_window_sensor_158d0001d68370
    - binary_sensor.door_window_sensor_158d00016c7804
    - binary_sensor.door_window_sensor_158d0001d62fb6
    - binary_sensor.door_window_sensor_158d0001a810a7
    - binary_sensor.door_window_sensor_158d00016c7797
    delayed:
    - binary_sensor.motion_sensor_158d000125a67b
    - binary_sensor.motion_sensor_158d00015e8e04
    - binary_sensor.motion_sensor_158d0001e08d21
    - binary_sensor.motion_sensor_158d0001de7250
    pending_time: '60'
    warning_time: '60'
    trigger_time: 600
  armed_home:
    immediate: []
    pending_time: '60'
    warning_time: '60'
  armed_perimeter:
    immediate:
    - binary_sensor.door_window_sensor_158d0001d68370
    - binary_sensor.door_window_sensor_158d00016c7804
    - binary_sensor.door_window_sensor_158d0001d62fb6
    - binary_sensor.door_window_sensor_158d0001a810a7
    - binary_sensor.door_window_sensor_158d00016c7797
    pending_time: 0
    warning_time: 0
admin_password: xxxxxxxxxxxx
enable_perimeter_mode: true
code: 'xxxxx'
panic_code: '9999'
passcode_attempts: '3'
enable_persistence: true
#passcode_attempt_timeout: '20'

You are correct that the buttons return to square even tho’ the round buttons is set to true - they did stay round until I restarted HA i think.