My custom version of an alarm panel hoping to bring many new features at the request of fellow patrons.
Tested with HA Version 0.60.1
You can find the github here: https://github.com/gazoscalvertos/Hass-Custom-Alarm
Please contribute to this thread and submit your requests, suggestions, ideas and pitfalls!.
- MQTT Integration
- Google Assistant Integration
- Clock display (Optional)
- Weather Status (Optional) - NOTE: You must have dark sky weather component enabled specifically sensor.dark_sky_summary.
- Digit code (0-9) entry on disarm
- Customisable themed colours depending on alarm state, ie blue disarmed, orange pending, black armed. red triggered
- List of open sensors with override option
- Perimeter Mode (Optional) - Allows you to part activate the alarm in Home Day mode. I use this to only arm a particular set of sensors (doors) whilst I’m using all floors.
- Countdown timer on ‘Pending’ state
- Panic Mode
To be implemented:
- Persistence support
- Customisable Themes
- Time Based themes (Dark at Night - Light during day)
- Possibly a full black one with a Cylon style bar when activated?
- Guest mode / reduced feature set
- Anything anyone else can think of
Google Assistant Notes:
Follow this guide to setup google assistant if you haven’t already done so.
Then add 2x scripts into your scripts.yaml:
alarm_arm: sequence: service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_away entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house alarm_disarm: sequence: service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house data: code: 9999
Then create 2x shortcuts in the Google Home app
When I say “Arm house” > “Turn on alarm_arm”
When I say “Disarm house” > “Turn on alarm_disarm”
Based on @drytoastmans code here A different take on an alarm system