A different take on an alarm system

is there a way to use a code to engage the alarm system?

First of all I want to congratulate all for the fantastic work on creating this code.
I’m having a hard time making the sensors listed in the “notathome” category active when Armed_away. They only stay in the “ignore group” when either i arm_home or arm_away. So if any of that sensor become active doesent trigger the alarm.
Any help in solving this problem is apreciated.

Can this work with Envisalink ?

I don’t quiet understand how to install it … Instructions ?

Just wanted to say a big thanks for getting this off the ground. I thought I would share my setup if anyone is interested and wants to suggest any enhancements or want advice. This is still a work in progress. Blue is deactive, orange is 20 second pending or warning when before deactivation, black is armed, red is triggered.

7 Likes

very nice, would you mind sharing your config.
thank you.

No problem, a word of caution is this is still a work in progress and I have changed code in all three files. Some of the code may need to be tidied up.

https://paste.ee/p/pBSuY

1 Like

Forgot to add that this code doesn’t require a code to arm the alarm, just required to disarm.

Nice implementation. Your link however doesn’t appear to be working anymore.

Anyone else have any issue with this link? I can access through my phone also on 4g no problem.

If I get a chance I’ll publish to github

NVM. Must be my work network blocking access to the site.

Works fine on Chrome on PC for me :slight_smile:

@gazoscalvertos can you also include a automation sample for these ones:

alarm: automation.alarm_triggered
warning: automation.alarm_warning

Sure, here you go. There’s not a lot to them really.

https://paste.ee/p/WoSJO

This works great, is there a way to get a sensor or something output the sensor state for example Secure or how many sensors are open.

This would be great info to pull into HADashboard…

I wish i was a coder :frowning:

Sorry mate I haven’t quite grasped your question. The code I included does count the number of open sensors.

does it out put to an entity in HA, so I could use that entity to display that in HADashboard, does that make sense ?

also should the following sensors work when the alarm is set away mode?
notathome:

• binary_sensor.motion_sensor_158d00015dbf8b
  • binary_sensor.motion_sensor_158d00015dc0c3

No it doesn’t output back to HA however this could be implemented using a sensor template. If I get a chance I’ll knock one up as this will also be handy for my FloorPlan SVG.

Those sensors need to be part of your immediate group too as the notathome title is a little misleading this group prevents the sensors triggering the alarm when in home mode

Cool can they also be put into delayed instead of immediate to prevent triggered when in home mode, or is this just applicable to the immediate group.

Love the work btw :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Yeah they certainly can.

1 Like

This was a little trickier than expected and no doubt there will be a cleaner way to do this. I couldn’t figure out how to feed in allsensors from alarm control panel so we dont have to add each individual sensor. I tried to monitor the sensors using
{%- set alarm = states.alarm_control_panel.house %}
{%- set sensors = alarm.attributes.allsensors %}

which works in the template renderer however HA doesnt update when used in template sensors. I’m not a fan of jinja tbh

Any way here is the working sensor config:

https://paste.ee/p/tFEQT