A different take on an alarm system

Same here, it works on the computer but not on the phone/app

My bad, dont work on my computer now

Same here, alarm panel does not work on any device after upgrade from 0.50.2 (I thinkā€¦) to 0.51.2.

Hi there,

This is my first post and I donā€™t know if I used github correctly.

I am in version 0.52 and I was having a blank page too.

I made some changes on alarm.html and now is working more or less. (the colors and the style are not ok).

Anyone can find my changes on:

I just controlled some exceptions.

thank you so much for this
i just made some modification based on my very limited understanding of the polymer 2 upgrade guide. it seems to work fine, at least the style and colors are showing up.

Perfect!! Thank you very much! It works like a charm.

Next thing I want to try is to enable pin code to disarm the alarm. Anyone has it working? Thanks.

Before upgrading from 49.1, has the scrolling issue been addressed?

I donā€™t know what you mean. My first try was on 0.52, so I canā€™t compareā€¦ But so far so good.
Here is some screen shot

The repository seems unreachable. Can anyone share the code with alarm code and alarm/warning as a service?
Thankyou very much

Yeah I could also use that repository.

I have the python working, I just donā€™t know the polymer code to pass the password/code to the python def. Something like this?:

// Responding to user inputs
callService: function(ev) {
ev.stopPropagation();
var call = ev.target.getAttribute(ā€˜data-callā€™);
var code = ev.target.getAttribute(ā€˜data-codeā€™);
this.hass.callService(ā€˜alarm_control_panelā€™, call, {ā€˜entity_idā€™: this.alarm.entityId, ā€˜codeā€™:code})
},

its the last line iā€™m struggling with how do you pass arguments?

Can you share the python that makes alarm and warning as a service and not a switch?

Thank you!

sorry for being a bit slow (Iā€™m new), but what do I add to groups.yaml to show the panel? Iā€™ve added:

- alarm_control_panel.house

to my default_view, but I donā€™t get the full panel.

Thanks

Also, can I get a pointer how to change the alarm state in an automation please - not sure what to put in the action e.g. for when we wake up and the alarm is set to armed_home:

- alias: 'Good Morning!'
    trigger:
        platform: state
        entity_id: binary_sensor.motion_landing, binary_sensor.motion_loft
        to: 'on'
    condition:
        condition: and
        conditions:
          - condition: state
            entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
            state: 'armed_home'
          - condition: time
            after: 06:30:00
    action:
      - service: notify.html5
        data:
      - entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
        state: 'disarmed'

My action is wrong for ā€˜disarmedā€™, but I donā€™t know what to put

Thanks

i havenā€™t glanced at the rest of the automation, but that last bit should be something like:

- service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm
1 Like

thanks worked perfectly. Last question - how do I actually display the panel?

At the moment Iā€™ve got:

default_view:
    icon: mdi:home
    view: yes
    entities:
        - alarm_control_panel.house

But that only shows a ā€˜circleā€™ I can click on, not the whole panel. Basic question I know, but Iā€™ve only been on HASS under a week and still learning.

Thanks

unfortunately, it wonā€™t ever display in the standard frontend as a ā€œpanelā€ like the name suggests. you can display it as a badge like you have now, or you can add it to a group first to display it as a line of text.

either way, you have to click on it to get the popup that lets you arm, disarm, enter a code, etc.

a couple people have made custom interfaces. you can look at things like HADashboard or Floorplan if you want to create a different UI.

sorry, me againā€¦ Iā€™m struggling to arm the alarm in actions.

Iā€™ve got:

action:
  - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm

working to disarm the alarm, but what should I be using to arm_home and arm_away e.g.

action:
  - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_home

and

action:
  - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_away

as I canā€™t get them to work.

Thanks

this is correct:

- service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_home

the next should be:

- service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_away

whether or not they actually do anything will depend on the whole automation.

so a couple questions:

1. can you arm/disarm the alarm in the frontend? (by clicking on the circle/badge and choosing arm home/arm away/disarm.
  2. do your automations to arm the alarm work if you manually trigger them in the frontend? i canā€™t remember if the list of automations youā€™ve created shows up automatically since i have customized pages. you might have to put something like this in configuration.yaml:
group:
  default_view:
    view: yes
    entities:
      - group.all_automations

when you restart home assistant you should see all your automations listed in the frontend. you can click on the automation in question, and then click ā€œtriggerā€ to see if it works. (you can also do all of this under developer tools --> services in the frontend).

probably best to start a new thread under the ā€œconfigurationā€ topic if you have additional questions since this one is ostensibly about a custom component.

cheers

1 Like

Thanks - it worked, and my automations toggle the alarm state.

Now I just need to monitor a few days to make sure my logic flow is correct and I donā€™t get any false alarms when weā€™re at home

hi guys, so it works again on the 0.54? and the original post is update?