A different take on an alarm system

Hi Everyone, finally got around to pushing this to github:

I have added a clock onto the status bar as I have mine mounted on a tablet near the front door and it comes in handy. If you don’t want this then set clock: false in alarm.yaml

Still need to implement the overide on the sensors

2 Likes

…aaaaand starred on GitHub :slight_smile: I hope to implement this next week when I get time

1 Like

Hi mate i cant seen to get the new features to work, when i add the files i get the same look and feel.

My Alarm.yaml is in a components folder, would that make a difference, as it not sitting the homeassistant folder.

Yeah the alarm.yaml should sit alongside your configuration.yaml.

Have you copied the other files (countdown360.js, jquery-3.2.1.min.js) in into [home assistant config directory]/www/lib

Yes i have not sure what I am doing wrong lol, will have a look tomorrow, as it looks as instructed.

The alarm works but no clock or countdown lol

Also do you display the HA UI on your tablet ? or do you use HADashboard ?

Aah it could be your browser cache try clearing it or if using a desktop browsers ctrl+F5

This is brilliant for android tablets mounted to the wall https://github.com/WallPanel-Project/wallpanel-android

Good spot I have been using the Electron App for Home Assistant on my Mac, and it doesnt seem to work in that, using Safari its works a treat, could have save an hour.

I have 6 x 8" Chinese Tablets on the walls around the house, I have been using WallPanel, its quite good, however I have been testing Fully Kisok, with the Full Mode paid for, and I have some scripts that change the screen, so when you activate the Home Mode, the display show Home Mode Activated for 15 Secs then returns to the main screen, does the same when warning, and triggered, the idea is that all the tablets will do this…

Just testing out some other clever ideas, like I have build the MQTT Doorbell, that notifies mine and my wifes iphone that the doorbell has run and a picture from the camera mounted outside, what i have also done is created a front door camera page, and then the doorbell rings the Dashboard changes to the camera view for 30 secs and then returns so we can see who it is, so thinking about deploying Fully Kisok to all of the tablets

I have an error and blank page, installed everything as per instructions

2017-11-10 10:46:33 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.alarm_control_panel] Error while setting up platform bwalarm
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 170, in _async_setup_platform
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=self.hass.loop)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 352, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py", line 244, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 179, in _step
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/coroutines.py", line 210, in coro
    res = func(*args, **kw)
  File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.py", line 77, in async_setup_platform
    alarm = BWAlarm(hass, config)
  File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.py", line 107, in __init__
    self._warning_colour = config[CONF_WARNING_COLOUR] if config[CONF_WARNING_COLOUR] else 'orange'
KeyError: 'warning_colour'

these are my sensors with default alarm config:

immediate:
  - binary_sensor.motion_inkomhal
delayed:
  - binary_sensor.motion_eetkamer
notathome:
  - binary_sensor.motion_traphal
  - binary_sensor.motion_badkamer
  - binary_sensor.motion_wc

Have you defined warning_colour in your alarm.yaml file?

warning_colour: ‘orange’

Note the english not US spelling.

I’ll change the coding so it takes a default value if not defined.

yes, i have these in:

#### COLOURS ###### Use any HTML format
warning_colour: 'orange'
pending_colour: 'orange'
disarmed_colour: '#03A9F4'
armed_home_colour: 'black'
armed_away_colour: 'black'
triggered_colour: 'red'

Could you double check that your configuration.yaml points to the correct alarm,yaml?

I’m really sorry, that was indeed my mistake. thank you for your support.
working great now.

Glad you got it sorted. I have changed the code to allow these values not to be specified and they will take a default value.

Is this the kiosk mode you use?

Which chinese tablet are you using? I’ve been looking myself but its probably not much difference in buying an amazon 7" fire.

Great idea on the MQTT doorbell and camera. Did you build the one from the forum?

yes thats the App, tried it, and it free to trail the plus features u just get a watermark.

I tried the Amazon, but the lock screen I couldnt remove, and the advert were putting me off, so I brought some Teclast P80H Tablets for £46, and they work ok, little on the cheap side but good enough for wall displays., i send a pic shortly

Yeah used he examples on here, and modded the original installed doorbell

There’s ways and means of removing the ads from the fire tablets:

Flashing custom roms too.

Whats putting me off is they don’t offer a white version to go with our decor.

Would be great to see a pic

Here you go mate, working on a new format for the screens, as I now have loads to monitors and stuff.

let me know what you think?

image1

2 Likes

Awesome!

Couple of questions haha.

How are you powering these ac-dc step down module in the wall, or 3 pin socket sunk behind the tablet?

Also where did you find the right angle usb cable?

Looks very smart