top: 58%
              width: 18%
            type: weather-forecast

Thank you. On the code

how would i add another state to this

So it changes colour both on Max temp Reached and Diverting

- type: custom:button-card
            entity: sensor.myenergi_eddi_21533936_status
            name: <marquee behavior=scroll scrollamount="3">Eddi Status</marquee>
            variables:
              state_on: >
                [[[ return ['Max temp reached'].indexOf(!entity || entity.state) !== -1; ]]]
            custom_fields:
               icon: >
                 <ha-icon icon="mdi:shower"></ha-icon>
            template:
              - base  

I do something similar with my alarm card.

- type: custom:button-card
                    entity: alarm_control_panel.home_alarm
                    name: Security
                    tap_action: !include popup/alarm.yaml
                    template:
                      - base
                      - icon_home_shield
                    variables:
                      state_on: >
                        [[[ return ['armed_night', 'armed_away', 'armed_home'].indexOf(!entity || entity.state) !== -1; ]]]
                      state_off: >
                        [[[ return ['disarmed'].indexOf(!entity || entity.state) !== -1; ]]]
                      state: >
                        [[[ return !entity || entity.state; ]]]
                    styles:
                      card:
                        - background-color: >
                            [[[
                              return variables.state_on ? 'rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.85)'
                                  : variables.state_off ? 'rgba(115, 115, 115, 0.25)'
                                  : variables.state === 'triggered' ? 'rgba(255, 204, 204, 0.85)'
                                  : variables.state === 'pending' ? 'rgba(255, 227, 190, 0.85)'
                                  : 'rgba(115, 115, 115, 0.25)';
                            ]]]
                        - color: >
                            [[[
                              return variables.state_on ? '#4b5254' 
                              : variables.state === 'triggered' ? '#4b5254'
                              : variables.state === 'pending' ? '#4b5254'
                              : '#97989c';
                            ]]]
2 Likes

Seems like the 2023.4 version has broken the background image. Anyone figured out how to fix already?

card-mod-root: |
  ha-app-layout {
    background: url('/local/background.png');
    background-size: cover;
  }

Hello, do anyone sitting on a code for a battery icon for the phone?

1 Like

2023.4 Cannot read properties of null (reading'config') · Issue #173 · matt8707/hass-config · GitHub

1 Like

Actually, i have tried that before, but the “cover” it’s only covering this part:

Wich its not wrong, because the hui-view its only that part:

Btw, card-mod and button card are up to date. The issue is that my height is bigger than yours, so even with the header-hide fix, the background still get this bug.
Did anyone know how to aply the effects directly on the ? this should solve the problem.

Hello, your weather card is very cool. Can you share your ui overlay. yaml card configuration and which weather entity do you use? I copied the code you shared, it doesn’t work properly

Hello, I used your code but it doesn’t display cards at all. Can you tell me why? thank you

Hello again. Well… your solution was working perfect for almost a year now… Until 2023.4.0… Now I had quite some fight to get my animated background and transparencies back everywhere… I managed to “fix” all stuff, except the sidebar. Any clue how to get my transparency back like it was before? I tred dozens of things, but I don’t find the one layer to get transparent to break through to the video background…

Bram Kragten came up with this idea:

document.querySelector("body > home-assistant").shadowRoot.querySelector("home-assistant-main").shadowRoot.querySelector("ha-drawer").shadowRoot.querySelector(".mdc-drawer").style.setProperty("--mdc-theme-surface", "transparent");

It does change something aka the sidebar parts that should be transparent are now lighter, but there is some layer left somewhere…

// resources:
//   - url: '/local/sidebar.js?v=2'
//     type: module

// test red background
const body = document.querySelector("body");
body.style.backgroundColor = "red";

// transparent sidebar
const main = document.querySelector("home-assistant").shadowRoot.querySelector("home-assistant-main");
const haDrawer = main?.shadowRoot.querySelector("ha-drawer");
const haSidebar = main?.shadowRoot.querySelector("ha-drawer > ha-sidebar");

haDrawer.style.setProperty("--mdc-theme-surface", "transparent");
haSidebar.style.backgroundColor = "transparent";

Red background test confirmed. And if it helps… the whole screen flashes red on a refresh. I hope that my “fixed” addon is not the culprit, but as I can switch the sidebar to slim mode and the video is working behind it I hoped that this is not the problem.

Or here as video: MS Snipping Tool record of Firefox - YouTube

On the right you see my fixed stuff showing the animated background again. These two realized that:

//Transparent background of Main-Section
document.querySelector("body > home-assistant").shadowRoot.querySelector("home-assistant-main").shadowRoot.querySelector("ha-drawer > partial-panel-resolver > ha-panel-lovelace").shadowRoot.querySelector("hui-root").shadowRoot.querySelector("#view").style.setProperty("background", "transparent");

//Semi-Transparent background of Header
document.querySelector("body > home-assistant").shadowRoot.querySelector("home-assistant-main").shadowRoot.querySelector("ha-drawer > partial-panel-resolver > ha-panel-lovelace").shadowRoot.querySelector("hui-root").shadowRoot.querySelector("div:nth-child(1) > div.header").style.setProperty("background-color", "rgba(0,0,0,0.5)");

hey

how did you make the floorplan on the right card on your screen?

GitHub - ExperienceLovelace/ha-floorplan: Bring new life to Home Assistant. By mapping entities to a SVG-object, you're able to control devices, show states, calling services - and much more. Add custom styling on top, to visualize whatever you can think of. Your imagination just become the new limit. you can find it in HACS

Hi

i used your code and everything works well but the background, fanart is sometimes not visible, but in the sensor the jpg are definied.

aired:2023-02-24|title:Die Hart|fanart:/local/upcoming-media-card-images/plex/Plex_Recently_Added_Movies/f12325.jpg|poster:/local/upcoming-media-card-images/plex/Plex_Recently_Added_Movies/p12325.jpg

How does your sensor look like?

I am still far away from understanding all the styling mess. But if I get things right, something chops off a part of the layer where Animated Background addon would like to draw the video on. Thus the red down below shows up. Am I right with that? Closing / expanding the sidebar changes the size of the draw area and thus the video works fine “behind” the sidebar. Soo that is why adding more and more transparent does not help as I would need a trick to increase the draw size to the whole screen first?