Hey, I’m sharing my configuration, with this great community, for what I consider is a different take on designing a Lovelace UI.
Hass.io installed on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ and my use case is a wall mounted tablet [Samsung 10.1"] displaying Home Assistant in Fully Kiosk Browser and on desktop applicationize (chrome). I’ve opted for local control only but I expose my configuration to homekit with Apple Tv acting as a hub for remote connection.
- A different take on designing a Lovelace UI using a Picture Elements Card in panel mode.
- Achieving a less cluttered interface by displaying more information on a long press.
- Fake on-state and loading wheel for slow responding entities such as booting a computer.
- Animations and applying sound to UI using automations listening for events.
- Time and date with greeting based on time of day.
- Lights and switches that are on, using natural language.
- Temperature with emojis based on weather conditions.
- Important calendar information.
- Time since a person left home.
The three icons at the bottom in order
- Reload hassio.local in Fully Kiosk Browser.
- Monitor Home Assistant, tablet and Network Attached Storage.
- A list of scenes TODO .
Lights and sensors
- Modified (CSS+JS) vertical Light Entity Card for easier touch control.
- If applicable, show a Light Entity Card color wheel.
- Custom SVG icons to reflect current color.
- Brightness percentage in a Circle sensor.
- SwitchBot to cold boot computer. Numerous shell commands to monitor and control macOS.
- Belkin WeMo Switch to control studio monitors (speakers) with automations to apply EQ calibration and volume control through AppleScript.
- Control a pedestal fan, using Belkin WeMo Switch and hue motion sensor temperature data to automate on summer nights.
The idea is to conditionally display media player controls based on last active device such as Apple TV, Playstation 4, Spotify or Plex. If nothing is active then a poster of last downloaded movie/episode is shown (Radarr/Sonarr). But since tvOS 13 integration is broken atm I’m putting this as a TODO .