A different take on designing a Lovelace UI

HA version: 2023.10.1
There is a problem with the button carda, there is no background and the footer is in one line and does not wrap. Additionally, card borders

I made some of them

1 Like

@Gerrett84, @djoaza : Seeing exactly the same problem. Did you find a fix for this?

@arifroni : where did you remove the code you mentioned earlier?

Wouter

Hey Folks, used anybody the Footer as Header and can me show how to do this. Will be really nice.

Thanks

Just move the footer to the top in ui-lovelace.yaml.
For example:

views:
  - type: custom:grid-layout
    title: Home
    layout:
      #default
      margin: 0
      grid-gap: var(--custom-layout-card-padding)
      grid-template-columns: repeat(4, 1fr) 0
      grid-template-rows: 0 repeat(2, fit-content(100%)) 0fr
      grid-template-areas: |
        "sidebar  footer      footer   footer      ."
        "sidebar  woonkamer   studio   tuin        ."
        "sidebar  overig      klimaat  thuis       ."
        "sidebar  .          .         .           ."
2 Likes

Hi, reinstall card mode from hacs, empty the browser cache and companion app… I had a problem only through external access, I have cloudflare addon, through local there was no problem. So I also had to purge the domain cache in the cloudflare account administration as well

After the update of the HA to 2023.10 my dashboard is soooo laggy. Anyone else with this problem?

it disappeared by itself. At least I didn’t do anything. It started appearing after updating HA (I don’t remember which version).

Also looking for a nice door and window icon, as well as an animated shower icon if anyone has one?

Hi There,

How is that special occasions thing working you are using in the sidebar.
I would like to make something similiar to that.

Thanks

I reinstalled card-mod and then deleted the browser/app cache. Then everything was as it should be again :slight_smile:

Good morning everyone, I have this button card that should blink me at every change of state other than zero, but instead it blinks me only when it goes from 0 to a new state, does the state include xx.xx numbers? Thanks to those who will help me

type: custom:button-card
      entity: sensor.bilancia_xiaomi_vins
      show_units: false
      show_state: true
      show_icon: false
      show_name: false
      styles:
        card:
          - border-width: 0px
          - font-size: 35px
        state:
          - animation: |
              [[[
                if (states['sensor.bilancia_xiaomi_vins'].state >= 0)                      
                  return "blink 2s";
              ]]] 
      card_mod:
        style: |
          ha-card {
            color: white;
            text-align: center;
            font-family: digital;
            text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px white,  0 0 0.2em white;
            letter-spacing: normal;

}

try

state:
          - animation: |
              [[[
                if (states['sensor.bilancia_xiaomi_vins'].state != 0)                      
                  return "blink 2s";
              ]]] 

helllo

i dont know since when, but my card a cutted at the bottom, perhaps someone has a idea?

Thank you very much for the answer, I have already tried this but to no avail, in fact I am asking for help precisely because I can’t get out of it

Right now, I have tried to create a custom button with an entity of switch: switch.kettle_plug. And I have a timer as: timer.kettle to turn the switch off after about 60 minutes.
I would like the custom button of switch to turn plug on/ off with or without the timer. But when the timer is active, I would like it show the countdown circle to let me know when the plug turn off. I know there is a way to make the custom button of timer, but I would like it is a switch.
Because I have used 2 entities, and switch entity on the button, so that is it hard to do that? I have tried to grab the duration, the remaining time, the finish time from the timer to stroke-dashoffset and circle_value but not successful! Right now I only have a circle to let me know the switch to be controled by the timer! :sweat_smile:

Could anyone have an idea? Thank you very much!

I am a newcomer. How did you obtain your entity ‘input_select. state_home’? Thank you very much!

What is the exact output for the sensor 's state?

The status is the weight of a Xiaomi scale in kg example 78.55 kg

I asked for the sensor’s state (Dev Tools —> States)