A different take on designing a Lovelace UI

1 Like

I don’t agree with you. I have the same problem right now and am avidly reading to see if they found a fix.

You don’t have to. :slight_smile: And as I said, if your problem is the same as described, you won’t find an answer in this thread, as it doesn’t belong here. But keep looking here, it must have been preying on your mind, to give an answer 600 posts later… :+1: :rofl:

1 Like

Hi Mattias.
What program are you using to make the icons?
I have tried inkscape and extracted the XML-code but its not as small and tiny as your code. My code is like 4times longer…
Is that SVG Tiny or something?

As a complete noob, I try to copy the design and code, but something went wrong. I don’t know how to copy/paste code to get it right. Why are these 4 squares so small ? what did I do wrong ?

• type: grid
    title: Media
    view_layout:
    grid-area: media
    columns: 2
    cards:

- type: custom:swipe-card
          start_card: 1
          parameters:
            roundLengths: true
            effect: coverflow
            speed: 650
            spaceBetween: 20
            threshold: 7
            coverflowEffect:
              rotate: 80
              depth: 300
          cards:

- type: grid
              cards:

cards:

First off Mattias, I’ve had Home Assistant for the past 3 years but never found a good enough looking reason to put it on a Tablet in my living room. I was waiting for something cool and tech looking.
You setup is super cool. Love it. So I’m doing it. Thanks

So far I think I figured most of the stuff out. Makes me want to live in Sweden. Love the tibber.com electrical site. I wish we had this in the US. The traffic one too would be cool.

Anyway.

1. I found the SF fonts and they work but for the clock (top left). Did I miss a font maybe?
    (And don’t take the above screenshot as an example. The clock shows up fine but it’s not the SF font.)

2. Where do the galaxy entities come from? switch.galaxy_tab_a_screensaver (for example)
    I can’t seem to find a samsung tablet integration and fully kiosk doesn’t seem to be it. It’s driving me nuts.

3. I also can’t seem to figure out where these come from: notify.mobile_app_pauls_iphone_ios
    I do have mobile_app: in my config.

Man it’s so fun re programming this with your setup. Thanks again a ton. And you’ve been helping people for almost 2 years. Bravo!

And Thanks

Hi Matt, this is fantastic work and thanks a lot for sharing and answering all our questions.
I too have a question and was hoping to get a push in the right direction from you.

In the sidebar column I wanted to add some buttons ( no specific entities) just a button which can modify the content. Eg. I want to put a button for each area, ground floors first Floor, basement, … When clicking on it I want to keep the same layout t in the main area but only show the entities in that selected area.
In addition I wanted to add another row of buttons to e.g. toggle what I want to see, lights, media, stats, …

I achieved this by using input filters but then would change the view for everyone in my house and not only on the device I am currently at.
I tried state_fiilters with has from the url but this only allows one has at a time.

Maybe I am overdoing and overthinking it and should not do it too complicated :slight_smile:

Thanks

I followed all hints, guidelines, etc. Downloaded the SF fonts from apple, placed under www/fonts but how hard I try the sub-folder does not turn up in the /local/ folder when browsing.

Is there anything else that needs to be configured for the www sub-folders? Or is it possible that the folder access rights are incorrect and the HA webserver cannot access it? Any idea how I can check that when using Hass OS?

Figured out the access rights. All look good.

But no folder on the web:

Have you tried restarting? (not a joke)

Tried pretty much everything but starting to read the Hass IO code to see how the folders parsed :sob:

@Rondom

I used Illustrator with nano | #264

Also merge your paths into one if you don’t need more

@Faecon

Under grid-area: media

columns: 1

@chezpaul2

If “SF Display” works, try changing “SF Text”

Those entities are from cgarwood/homeassistant-fullykiosk

Automatically from companion.home-assistant.io, on iOS at least

@draso

Maybe you’ve already read it, but heres an answer #1718

1 Like

So I don’t need to install docker then. I though this all came from watchtower which was a docker thing.
thanks for the response.

Also, what is ha_dockermon looking at? Who’s IP do I put in there?

Do you need to do anything to make them show up? They don’t show up in my list of states in HA

https://github.com/philhawthorne/ha-dockermon

Yours?

https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/notifications/notifications-basic/

It’s a service not an entity

There’s documentation for a reason :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for helping me out !

I have a swipe card just like in media. Is it possible to change the title when you swipe ?
I tried this :

type: grid
#title: Slaapkamer
view_layout:
grid-area: media
columns: 1
cards:

- type: custom:swipe-card
        start_card: 1
        parameters:
          roundLengths: true
          effect: coverflow
          speed: 650
          spaceBetween: 20
          threshold: 7
          coverflowEffect:
            rotate: 80
            depth: 300
        cards:

title: Slaapkamer Child 1
            cards:
            title: Slaapkamer Child 2
            cards:

but then the titles are smaller than the other titles (where there is no swipe card)

It’s not currently possible. You can try to put the title inside the swipe card with something like #1701

:disappointed_relieved: thanks for your reply anyway