A few add-ons: WireGuard Easy, MeTube, speedtest, emulatorjs

All,
I made a few addons and posted to a custom repo.

https://github.com/jdeath/homeassistant-addons

These are all poorly written so feel free to make improvements. They all build locally on your homeassistant, so will pull in the latest updates/docker image automatically when you rebuild. All are based on other people’s docker images. Only the WireGuard has modifications for homeassistant, which may not stay up-to-date (wireguard will update however).

• WireGuardEasy: Wireguard + UI . Clients can be made/removed/disabled/monitored with ingress! Hopefully it is secure, but not an expert. I am proud of this one!

• MeTube: A youtube downloader with UI through ingress

• EmulatorJS: A web-based retro console emulator. No ingress

• Speedtest: A webbased speed test. No ingress

• Earthwalker: You get dropped somewhere in the world in Google StreetView, and the goal is to you find out where you are and guess your location more precisely than all of your friends.

• Tasmocompiler: A simple web GUI which allows you to compile fantastic Tasmota firmware with your own settings.

• Scribble.rs is an alternative to the web-based drawing game skribbl.io.

• Virtual Tabletop is a free to use platform for creating and playing games.

5 Likes

I’m using your wireguard-easy addon. When I try to use start it, i got the next message. Wich path should I use?

[Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/ssl/wgeasy/wg0.json'] {
  errno: -2,
  code: 'ENOENT',
  syscall: 'open',
  path: '/ssl/wgeasy/wg0.json'
}

you need to make the directory /ssl/wgeasy/

if you use samba addon, you should have \homeassistant\ssl\

Hi Jaaem,
I’ve been using your metube addon, its great.
Have you tried tubesync. Its good for syncing channels in the background (don’t think metube can do that?).
I just spent the last couple hours trying to build a hass addon for it based on your metube, but can’t get it to bulid. I can get it to install via portainer so it might be possible, just past my skill level.

Metube suits my needs, so I did not try tubesync.

It is hit or miss on what dockers can easily be ported to HA. The issue is HA will not support volume mapping (I have asked devs to support, but they can’t for some reason), which many dockers require you to set. Therefore, you need tricks like using sed to edit the docker and map hardcoded paths and rebuild locally. Some of my addons do this, but every docker is different and I am not very skilled. I only posted addons I could get working and I failed alot! Alex Belguim is the real guru: GitHub - alexbelgium/hassio-addons: My homeassistant addons perhaps you can look at his addons for clues to get tubesync working.

I’ve tried MeTube and it’s great!

I plan to try some more.

Thank you!