A lovelace remote control card

i created a nice & simple remote control card for broadlink that is super easy to configure
enjoy

1 Like

Thanks man!

Would love if you could change up your github to make it HACS compatible !

actually, already did :slight_smile:

they merged my change and it will probably be available in next version of hacs
https://github.com/custom-components/hacs/pull/156

Thanks for putting this together - very cool!

However, Iā€™m seeing something weird where a custom remote that I built wonā€™t load on my mobile device. It shows up on my desktop just fine, but not mobile. Any reason why that you can think of? I basically just copied ā€œsimpleā€ and then customized the JS and the images.

Thanks.

I installed with HACS but it doesnā€™t show the remotes. +
Can you fix?

Very cool - however, can you allow to control multiple devices via some sort of selections? and allow to control not with boardlink?

What iā€™m thinking is can these buttons be configured to call a python script then from the python scripts I can program it to call different devices, etc?

For example, the power button can call a python script function with a param such as ā€˜powerā€™ (and maybe allow user to configure any number of parameters). Then the python script does the rest.

I agree - will have a look if it can use other services - should not be too tricky, although I suspect the number of possible combinations in the code could blossom pretty quick!

The other thing for me is that this great resource is not easy to find in HACS. ā€œcontent-card-remote-controlā€ did not op up when I was looking for remotes!

i am really loaded in this time and cant get to update itā€¦ but PRs are very very welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

created new one, that supports any service

1 Like

Excellent - I now have my weekend project ā€¦ to leverage logitech harmony and broadlink hubs with a ā€œremote controlā€ on screen!

@dimagoltsman, do you recommend any tools for the pixel assignments on a picture to help with the layout for a new remote control image?

Or do you just use the F12 in the browser method?

Phil

actually im really bad at designā€¦ (im a backend engineer in my profession), so a friend created the remotes designs for meā€¦

just add new manual card and paste one of the examples .

use the new version: https://github.com/dimagoltsman/generic-remote-control-card (its also in hacs)

Any chance you could give me a run down on how these are made? Iā€™m wanting to create a remote design in photoshop for a fireplace. Have no clue how to get that image into HA and make the buttons triggerable.

u have to write html to do that, there are examples and many contributions

How do I configure to use the buttons to trigger switches, scripts and mqtt publish?

I have a Zigbee IR and want to use your card.

Example script

alias: "AC Remote: Turn ON" #Zigbee2MQTT Script
sequence:
  - service: mqtt.publish
    data:
      payload: >-  #Replace IR Code
        {"ir_code_to_send": "De0R7REwApEG9gEwAjACAHC8AZEGgAsJMAIwApEG9gGRBoAHAT=="} 
      topic: zigbee2mqtt/Tuya ZS06 IR Remote/set #Replace Device ID
mode: single