Aarlo and 2fa

added this:

aarlo:
  tfa_source: push
  tfa_type: PUSH

is there anyway to start imap again?

I got imap working by setting an ‘App password’ in the gmail account used for 2fa and signed in with that as tfa_password.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/185833?hl=en

1 Like

i dont think it’s a problem with gmail. It doenst even ask for password. When i check my mail i got no 2fa mail from arlo.

I checked my emails now and I have not had an email since June 4th.

But after the change, the email came again. I do not get the logic in it, but it was resolved anyway. Maybe it was a coincidence in my case.

AArlo is intermittently working this month, anyone know why? I got emails and it was working then it stopped for a week, then started up again, now not working again. Nothing changed at all so is something going on with arlo itself?

Since yesterday I have the problem with Arlo again.

I’ve been writing as above for a year now

aarlo:
  tfa_source: push
  tfa_type: PUSH

in the configuration.

I don´t change anything on the configuration.

Now I got this errors:

aarlo Component Setup
Error: 2fa startAuth failed
If error persists you might need to change config and restart.
Invalid config
The following integrations and platforms could not be set up:

aarlo (Show logs)
aarlo.sensor (Show logs)
aarlo.binary_sensor (Show logs)
aarlo.alarm_control_panel (Show logs)
aarlo.camera (Show logs)
Please check your config and logs.

In the Log I find:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:396
First occurred: 20:53:05 (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:53:05

Unable to prepare setup for platform aarlo.sensor: Unable to set up component.
Unable to prepare setup for platform aarlo.binary_sensor: Unable to set up component.
Unable to prepare setup for platform aarlo.alarm_control_panel: Unable to set up component.
Unable to prepare setup for platform aarlo.camera: Unable to set up component.
Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:309
First occurred: 20:53:05 (1 occurrences)

Setup failed for custom integration aarlo: Integration failed to initialize.
Dieser Fehler wurde von einer benutzerdefinierten Integration verursacht
Logger: custom_components.aarlo
Source: custom_components/aarlo/__init__.py:515
Integration: aarlo (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 20:53:05 (1 occurrences)

unable to connect to Arlo: stopping retries, too may failures
Dieser Fehler wurde von einer benutzerdefinierten Integration verursacht
Logger: custom_components.aarlo
Source: custom_components/aarlo/__init__.py:495
Integration: aarlo (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 20:51:16 (4 occurrences)

unable to connect to Arlo: attempt=1,sleep=15,error=2fa startAuth failed
unable to connect to Arlo: attempt=2,sleep=30,error=2fa startAuth failed
unable to connect to Arlo: attempt=3,sleep=60,error=2fa startAuth failed
unable to connect to Arlo: attempt=4,sleep=120,error=2fa startAuth failed

I’ve restarted HA several times now. Unfortunately without success.

What I just noticed is that the push message for authentication does not arrive at all.

I have read something about to downgrade the Arlo Hacs integration from v0.7.4b15 to v0.7.4b12. But how I can downgrade the Hacs integration?

Does anyone have any ideas as to what else I can do?

I have now deleted the HACS integration and installed the older version v0.7.4b12. Then I received the push message to register and now it’s working again.

I can confirm this - I had updated to v0.7.4b15 and the push message was not working. A downgrade to v0.7.4b12 fixed it immediately with the same configuration.

I was on 7.16 which wasn’t working and then I went down to 7.4b12 and still not receiving 2fa. :weary:

Upgraded y’day to aarlo version v0.7.4b17, and the aarlo integration stopped working. Adding debug to the logging i guess it’s Cloudflare blocking the authorisation request. See message below from home assistant logfile [pyaarlo] module:

‘This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.’

As a resolution it says to contact the site-owner - but that doesn’t sound like a real option :-). So i guess for now the integration is just not working anymore.

can you please explain the steps, as Arlo stopped work for me

• click under Hacs - Integration - Arlo Camera Support - click on the three dots - remove
  • Search under Hacs Arlo Camera Support - click Download - here it is important to select the version
    v0.7.4b12 to take

So it worked for me again. I’ve been skipping all updates ever since

1 Like

you can’t go back that far only to v0.7.4b14. With that still having the same issue

Indeed same experience - with rollback. I reached out to support of Arlo, with the Cloudflare info in the log (it says i’m blocked by Cloudflare). Just curious to see how they respond.

1 Like

Oh ok, then we will have a problem really soon :frowning:

1 Like

this is the reply of Arlo:

‘We advise you to contact Cloudflare regarding the issue. Arlo as a company is not officially partnered with Home Assistant. We offer integration with HomeKit, Google Assistant, Alexa, Smartthings and IFTTTs. All outside applications and issues with them must be solved by their support.’

Not so useful…in the mean time i changed my setup and don’t use the Arlo cameras for triggering automations in HA anymore.

that sucks, I love my arlo cameras

Try create new user accout for HA in Arlo. That fixed the issue for me

I have done that 4 times and it didn’t work

Somehow, i am not able to make the Aarlo integration work.
I am using my @me.com (apple) mail adress to log in to Aarlo.

the error i get is

2024-01-11 14:54:24.771 ERROR (SyncWorker_3) [pyaarlo] imap connection failedb’[AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Authentication Failed’

2024-01-11 14:54:24.771 ERROR (SyncWorker_3) [pyaarlo] 2fa startup failed

2024-01-11 14:54:24.782 ERROR (SyncWorker_3) [custom_components.aarlo] unable to connect to Arlo: attempt=4,sleep=120,error=2fa startup failed

2024-01-11 14:54:24.782 ERROR (SyncWorker_3) [custom_components.aarlo] unable to connect to Arlo: stopping retries, too may failures

2024-01-11 14:54:24.786 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for custom integration ‘aarlo’: Integration failed to initialize.

My config is the following

aarlo:
host: https://my.arlo.com
username: !mail address!
password: !password!

refresh_devices_every: 2

tfa_source: imap
tfa_type: email
tfa_host: imap.mail.me.com
tfa_username: !mail address!
tfa_password: !password!

i am certain my mail adress and password are correct.
i am not certain about the imap, however this is what i can find. any support is welcome