Aarlo help

Hiya. First post … noob … please be gentle :slight_smile:

I’m very new to this - I have HA OS installed - it appears to be working - it found my chromecasts … so I guess I did something right.

I’ve installed my first device - Arlo doorbell camera. I’ve linked it to google so that I can cast the camera to my chromecasts. That works.

Now I’m trying to get it recognized by HA. According to the Twerked/Aarlo readme on github, I can install either 1) via HACS, or 2) manually. I’ve installed it via HACS, and restarted. I got nothing. Don’t see anything in the log - is there more that one log? I don’t see the device or it’s entities.

I’m also confused about the 2FA that is apparently required. Am I correct in assuming that I add a second authorized user via the Arlo app, and add that username and password to the aarlo: tfa parts? Does that go in my configuration.yaml file? I tried that and I get the following configuration errors:

Blockquote
Invalid config for [aarlo]: required key not provided @ data[‘aarlo’][‘password’]. Got None
required key not provided @ data[‘aarlo’][‘username’]. Got None. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 20).

I’m sorry this is so long, but I’m totally lost and don’t know what to do next.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

–Rich

I am having the same issue! Please help

I’m sorry, but after doing further research (my fancy word for googling ), I’ve discovered that this has been a problem for at least 2 years.

This thread shows several people having problems with Arlo like we are.

Sorry that I’m no help. I’ve contacted Arlo, but I suspect they don’t care whether it works with HA or not.

Good luck.

–Rich