Ability to disable integrations

In my opinion it would be useful to be able to (temporary) disable integrations. For example: turn off telegram notifications during the night. According to my information the current solution would be add it to the condition part of an automation.

You don’t need to disable the whole integration.

Just create a “do not disturb” input boolean and use that in conditions.

You can even schedule the state of this using any one of the now available scheduler options.

1 Like

yes I know… but in my opinion is is more elegant to manage such things on a higher level.

1 Like

Well you know what they say about opinions.

1 Like

I would like this feature. When an integration does not work anymore but a fix is ongoing, we could disable the integration temporarily (no spam in log!!).

2 Likes

This would be extremely handy.

There are times when an integration temporarily breaks, and there’s currently no way to disable UI-based integrations, so instead it floods your logs etc. And often you don’t want to remove the integration completely because then you’ll lose all your customizations.

There should be a “Disable” option right above the “Delete” menu option when you click overflow (3 dots) menu on an integration.

2 Likes

Agreed.
I recently changed routers and had a hard time finding the IP of my lighting controller. Lots of errors instead of me just disabling my lighting integration until I sorted it out.
I don’t want to add an automation, input_boolean, etc. when I could just temporarily disable it.

Agree! My NAS is not always turned on, but HA throws a lot of errors when it cannot find the NAS. It would be nice to disable the integration instead of deleting it.