Ability to move a view to another dashboard

In homeassistant we can have different dashboards with different views with different cards.
We can move cards between dashboards and views.
It would be nice to have the ability to duplicate and move entire views between dashboards.

For now you can use the Raw configuration editor.

3 Likes

any changes or update on this?

Bump. Any update on adding this?

Yes, you can use Raw configuration editor, but (at least for me) it is not easy at all in situations where there are multiple views with each having multiple cards. Adding a similar duplicate feature (e.g., an option under the View Configuration menu) would be a huge help.

Bumping this

This is really needed especially with Browser Mod since having the same dashboard shared between users causes BM to open pop ups on the others screens. We should be able to copy/duplicate the dashboard/tabs to other dashboards easily and then just make changes from there.

+1

After having developed a view in a test dashboard I now realise that I can’t move it to the desired dashboard, but rather have to move each card one by one :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Really need this! Using Raw Configuration Editor is not really ideal as it contains ALL views in which you have to then edit to pull out the view you want!

1 Like

+1
Of course we can use the Raw Editor, but it’s rather cumbersome. I need this functionality quite often, since I maintain 3 dashboard (PC, Tablet, Mobile) and often want to copy between them

+1 just got done developing a new view only to realize now again need to be a programmer to move it to the main dashboard. I can and will do this but it will be a negative if you want to expand to non-technical users one day.

If the standard YAML editor would simply have expand/collapse YAML structures along with folding at hierarchies it would be much easier.

I copy the whole YAML into such an editor (oxygen) manipulate it there and paste it back in.

As a new user in 2024 … this would still be extremely useful!