Abort node execution (turn on/off lights)

Hello! Today I use node-red to turn on/off lights in the whole house with two different nodes. This is because I, for example, want to turn off the office desk lights at night but I don’t want to turn them on in the morning…

I do this with buttons… Sometimes I missclick “on” and the immediately press “off” and the result is I have to wait for them to turn on before they turn off…

Question:
How do I abort the node turning the lights on? I know about sending the service from a node and only executing the last message (could work?) but then I can’t have different entities (not without sending them in a msg).

Could this also maybe be done with scenes in HA instead of one node node-red?

Scenes are WAY easier to deal with than individual devices, imho. Especially when dealing with large groups of lights. The other thing you can do is create a light group (Settings > Devices and Services > Helpers > + > Group) and add your lights.

As for aborting the node, you really can’t. Once the call service has been sent off to HA, it’s kind of a done deal there.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply!

I know about groups but haven’t played around with scenes. I’ll try that next :slight_smile:
As I thought. I’ll look for other options (as scenes).

Off to bed, g’night :wink:

1 Like

Sounds good. Just be careful… scenes are addictive!!! I have 116 of them so far lol

Night!

1 Like