About the esphome category

This category is for everything about ESPHome. Topics do not have to be Home Assistant related.

5 Likes

I like you and this category °guru-smiley°:two_hearts:

4 Likes

Hello
I am newbie at HA and currently I use Raspberry Pi4 with some sensors as consumer products like camera, ZigBee sensors integrated into HA.
I understood that ESPHome have a development platform that allows me to integrate some “raw” sensors within HA. Here the term “raw” means some electronic boards with sensors at low level.

Am I right here?
Could someones explain me

1. for whom and which application ESPHome is useful?
  2. Which platform is the best or lastest, recommended for me? ESP8266, ESP32 and RP2040?

Thanks

That’s what many people do indeed. Also “ready made” products like smart plugs based on esp’s are available and can be totally “owned” (hard- & software) with esphome :rocket:

_images/logo-text.svg

ESPHome is a system to control your ESP8266/ESP32 by simple yet powerful configuration files and control them remotely through Home Automation systems.

Depends totally on your needs. For example if you want to have your act your esphome node to (also9 work as a bluetooth proxy you need to use a ESP32 because the other two mentioned doesn’t feature BLE :large_blue_circle:

thanks for your explain.