Access /backup directory form node red - HASSIO

Is there any magic I can do to access the /backup directory from within node red on a default HASSIO install.

Thanks

The ā€˜file inā€™ node should give you what you want.

To access a file in the backup directory, put ā€œ/backup/ā€ in the Filename field.

Are you trying to read one of the .tar files?

Thanks - yep eventually got google drive set up (the oauth stuff was hateful - eventually found out one of the problems was using chrome - worked when using safari :frowning:

Now want to upload backup files to google drive (I know there are other ways )

I tried to access the file using the file node and get

ā€œError: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ā€˜/backup/e9ad27d9.tarā€™ā€

The file exists and have tried other nodes and lways get ENOENT )

I believe the problem is node red not having read access to the directory

I am running hassio

you can easily get into the node red container and see for yourself. I wasnā€™t aware that the add-ons were bind mounting the backup directory.

thamks - a naive question how do iv get into the node red container. i can see the nodec red file system but thast is through logging in via ssh

Docker commands. :wink:

yep - thanks - still coming to terms with hassio and docker. once i work itv out i might write dome doco on this as it is not clear to me and not obvious where it is documented

I still donā€™t know how to access this /backup, however I have created a pull request on the addon to add /backup access natively (as /share and /config are currently)

1 Like

Do you have a link to the PR?

Iā€™ve been able to access /config/www using /local but havenā€™t had any luck access /share, how do you go about that?

Currently trying to do the same (accessing the backup folder from Node-red).
Iā€™m able to see all other folder and files:

{
	"_msgid": "c35b0070.9d1b1",
	"payload": 1613224779122,
	"topic": "start_backup",
	"files": [
		".dockerenv",
		"bin",
		"config",
		"data",
		"dev",
		"etc",
		"home",
		"init",
		"lib",
		"libexec",
		"media",
		"mnt",
		"opt",
		"proc",
		"root",
		"run",
		"sbin",
		"share",
		"srv",
		"ssl",
		"sys",
		"tmp",
		"usr",
		"var"
	]
}

Anyone having a solution or success with this. As many others I would like to move my snapshots to an external device / NAS. For simplicity, I donā€™t want to create some script on my NAS (do all in one place)

Would it be possible to add the share in Portainer?