Access .storage folder

@Slobadx Nice found! It does shows a list which files to be excluded. Thanks!

I could access the folder, but I can’t seem to edit the core.device_registry file and make it stick
I think each time I edit the file, then I press restart, and HA must save the file immediately at that point, making my changes lost. But I can’t access the storage when off as HA is on a VM.

^ that’s the one. Here’s detail for anyone that needs it - also don’t forget to backup before you tinker. From the Sidebar I went to Settings → Addons-> File Editor.

Choose Configuration tab (at the top), mine had 4 balloons above the “ignore pattern” box including .storage which I removed by pressing the x then clicking SAVE at the bottom right. This prompted a restart of the add-on.

Following this the .storage folder was visible in my file editor under config/ and I was able to access the files.

Thanks for the simple fix!

4 Likes

If you use the File Editor addon, you can go to the Configuration, remove .storage in the Ignore Pattern, go to Save, and restart File Editor.
Done!

5 Likes

Searching for .storage didn’t show any results in my VS Code Settings. However searching for the settings name which is files.exclude did it.

7 Likes

I find the samba is a great tool for find hidden folders like this

ANy idea how to configure this for studio Code server? i can use go to file: .storage/XXXXX

but it is not the easy way to access files…

thansk

Go to Studio Code Server/Manage (cog icon at bottom)/Text Editor/Files and remove the entry for .storage from the exclude list. Now the folder will show up and all files like all others.

1 Like

Thansk, I did not find this option and it works (but not sure i had to do it on Safary, asdid not works on chrome)