Access via cloudflare AND local

Hi

I initially setup my ha with duckdns and it was great.
I then moved to a static IP (wan) and as work was blocking DNS stuff I brought a website and now use cloudflare to access my ha.

This is all good.

What I’m struggling with is…if ha can’t access the internet I can’t seem to access ha at home with pc or phone from the IP:8123 ,keeps talking about some sort of issue with IP address can’t be secure certified or something…

I don’t know if anyone has a solution.

A simple solution is to use NGINX Proxy Manager (NPM) at home to provide SSL. You can also use the same domain that you use externally if you can set up a local DNS to point to NPM, and then add a Cloudflare certificate (via NPM > SSL Certificates > Add > Let’s Encrypt). This will work for browsers, but not for the Companion App (if you use it), because it seems to cache the IP (perhaps - not really sure why it doesn’t work).

However, HA should still be able to access the internet - it’s just that the internet cannot access HA without going via Cloudflare.

so do i get rid of the duckdns stuff? im worried ill lose all access (its happened before!)