Accessing gpio/spi from custom node-red node [node-red-contrib-energenie-ener314rt]

I have written a node-red module for the energenie ENER314-RT board for controlling sockets by RF-433MHz. I am trying to get this addon working in the node-red integration, but it is failing to access the board via GPIO and a software SPI driver. The addon usually uses /dev/gpiomem or /dev/mem to access the board via C code.

Is it possible to access GPIO on RaspberryPi in the node-red addon? I’ve checked the forum and github but I’m getting conflicting information.

I’ve also tried using the native GPIO nodes within node-red to switch on the LEDs on the board, but this is failing too.

Any help would be appreciated

1 Like

Sorry everyone, but I can’t support the energenie MiHome devices without some help getting this working.

I’ll assume that it’s just not possible to access GPIO with Home Assistant in node-red. If anyone needs support for energenie ENER314-RT devices, please use node-red and node-red-dashboard instead without home assistant.

This is fantastic, thank you.
I am using your Node-red module to integrate into home assistant using MQTT discovery.

Preview:

1 Like

Can you share how you have done the MQTT discovery? Possibly here: Support Home Assistant MQTT discovery · Issue #1 · Achronite/mqtt-energenie-ener314rt · GitHub

Work in progress version: GitHub - genestealer/node-red-energenie-ener314rt-home-assistant-mqtt: Node-Red Config for Energenie ener314rt with Home Assistant MQTT Auto Discovery

Feedback very welcome!

Energenie Smart Plug+ (MIHO005)

image image

I have now written a solution to solve this issue. A new lightweight standalone node.js application has been created that interfaces with the ENER314-RT adaptor directly and communicates with Home Assistant using MQTT. It has MQTT discovery support built-in.

You can find it here: mqtt-energenie-ener314rt.

All feedback welcome!

1 Like