AccuWeather data not updating in the morning for a few hours

I’ve noticed a weird situation where the AccuWx integration data is not being updated each morning (local time) for a few hours. The graph below shows the stats from AccuWx API website (between 09:00 and 12:00 UTC) supposedly showing that either HA is not making these requests or they are not receiving them.

I don’t see any errors in the general log, and just turned on the debug for the specific module to see if there is anything useful there.

The integration doesn’t have any open issues, and I can’t imagine I would be the only one seeing this is if it’s truly happening for many. Plus I’m only using about 44 or so of my allowed 50 API calls per day according to their stats.

Anyone else have any ideas or seeing something similar?

You are probably using all allowed requests. Integration consumes 40 requests per day. If you use more of them, you either use some automation that forces data to be downloaded or you restart HA/reload config entry too often.

That’s not the issue as I mentioned above. I’m only using 44 max requests a day based on how the integration is designed.

You can’t be sure without analyzing the whole day debug log.

As I mentioned above, the log shows clearly each time it sends a message to the API how many requests remain. This was the last message of the day right before it rolled over to start at 50 again.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Without the log? No.

Did you ever get this resolved? Same happening to me.

@Bieniu I noticed the same issue this morning. However, I do see the REQUESTS_EXCEEDED error in my logs. It failed yesterday (Aug 4), the day before (Aug 3) and July 30th. It probably correlates to me updating my software causing a reboot. Is there a plan to ensure that those 50 requests get partitioned equally during the day so they don’t end up getting consumed needlessly by reboots?

Integration consumes 42 requests per day so there are 8 left for HA/system restarts. This allows HA/system restarts 4 times per day. In my opinion this is enough and there is no reason to change the logic that works.

OK. Thanks. I must have an unusual use case then.

I reverted back to the Meteorologisk integration and I think I’m all set. This article helped me pick an alternative.

Forcing you to give your creditcard information is not a good reason to change?

Correction: this is now OpenWeatherMap :disappointed:

I don’t quite understand your comment. Who am I forcing to use a credit card?

Had it confused with OpenWeatherMap. Durp
/me hides in shame

No worries

1 Like