AccuWeather Integration - Add Humidity Sensor

Hi All,

Would it be possible to add a sensor for humidity to the AccuWeather integration?

At present the integration creates sensors for apparent temperature, cloud cover, realfeel temperature, uv index, etc. but not humidity.

When I check the state of the weather entity created by the integration there is an attribute for humidity and I can configure a template sensor for this, but would be “cleaner” to have this created by the integration in the same way as the other sensors.

If you edit the weather card, you’ll find towards the bottom is “Secondary Info Attribute (Optional)”. Within in that you can select Humidity. It will add humidity value just under the temperature display.

1 Like

Is there away to select other weather data you like and place it in the secondary option?
I see Humidity is in the menu but it appears Accuweather UV Index or RealFeal is not available. It would really be nice if one can add multiple options in the secondary option and separate it by a slash.(/)

Just add a sensor to template in your configuration.yaml

template:
  - sensor:
    - name: AccuWeather Humidity
      unique_id: sensor.accuweather.humidity
      device_class: humidity
      unit_of_measurement: '%'
      icon: mdi:water-percent
      state_class: measurement
      state: >
        {{ (state_attr('weather.accuweather', 'humidity') | int(default=0)) | round(0,default=0)}}

Why are all the unimportant data from Accuw. Actually included as sensors and the important main data such as temperature and humidity not?

+1

It’s easy to create a sensor template but it would be much easier is Temp and Hum was separate entities instead of only state attributes.

1 Like