Actionable notification question

I just started messing with actionable notifications through HA and node red. I got it up and running using the guide from “The Hook Up” youtube channel, but I’m a little confused. Below is my config and automation:

******Config.yaml*****     

- name: Siren
        identifier: 'siren'
        actions:
          - identifier: 'ACTIVATE_SIRENS'
            title: 'Activate Sirens'
            activationMode: 'background'
            authenticationRequired: no
            destructive: yes
            behavior: 'default'  
          - identifier: 'TRIGGER_ALARM'
            title: 'Trigger Alarm'

******Automation.yaml*****     

- id: '1568427473177'
  alias: 'iOS actionable '
  trigger:
  - event_data:
      actionName: ACTIVATE_SIRENS
    event_type: ios.notification_action_fired
    platform: event
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      entity_id: switch.lamp
    service: switch.toggle

I realize it is called siren and the action is ACTIVATE_SIRENS but I put my automation to toggle a lamp just for testing purposes as I didn’t want my zwave siren going off constantly while setting this up. I got everything working, but the first time i received the actionable notification and hit the activate siren button, the lamp toggled and my siren came on. Nothing in my iOS config or automation points to that entity. Am i missing something? Why did it turn on my siren?

I think you’re mixing two things, nodered and automation.yaml. Both are used to make the automations. If in the guide you make the automation on nodered you don’t need any configuration on automation.yaml.

I thought that was weird too, but I couldn’t find much info to set up the second part in node red. Currently I have node red setup to send me the notification if [insert event] happens. The notification shows up fine with the defined options, but if I click them nothing happens. Thats why I set that part up in automation.yaml to carry out whichever action i choose.

I also tried it again and now I it set the siren off and tried turning on most of my sprinklers (rachio) all at once.

Check in nodered if you have a service call Node to turn off switches. Maybe you have something wrong on your flow.

Thanks now that you say that I thinks it’s an issue with my automation.yaml. I think it’s toggling all switches when I press the actionable notification. That seems to be what it’s doing. I set the automation up through the hassio interface. Thought it looked ok.

I figured it out. While trying to set this automation up i ended up creating a second automation “new automation” that called the service switch.toggle with no entity selected every time it received an ios.notification_action_fired. Glad I got it figured out, but I’d like to get these working in node red and not use the HA automations if possible. Any examples node red actionable notifications I can use as a template?